Are your kids learning about the solar system in your homeschool science lessons? Enhance what they are learning with these solar system worksheets and printables.
Learning About the Solar System
If your children are interested in space exploration, famous astronauts, planets, the sun, moon and stars, they will enjoy learning about our solar system.
What’s Included in the Solar System?
The solar system is made up the sun and everything else that orbits around the sun. This includes the planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, moons, asteroids in the asteroid belt, the milky way, comets, celestial bodies, meteoroids in outer space. A planet fact sheets for students can help them memorize facts.
There is a lot of information to remember when you are learning about the solar system. Do your children know about the planets of our solar system, which ones are gas giants, rocky planets and dwarf planets? Print some fun space worksheets to help your kids learn all about it.
Can they differentiate between the inner planets and the outer planets? Are they able to look at the planets and recognize our planet Earth? You can use solar system worksheets to put together your own unit study. You could even have your students create an astronomy notebook!
Solar System Worksheets
Any type of science unit, especially space science and a solar system unit includes so much information and interesting facts that need to be learned. This when worksheets and printables come in handy.
Working on a printable pack and different worksheets is a simple way that helps your children to practice what they are learning and put it down on paper. They will enjoy these planet worksheets while they are learning about the solar system.
Solar System Worksheets for Preschool
Are you wanting to include your preschooler or kindergarten students in your science studies? These solar system printables for preschool and kindergarten have solar system vocabulary words, coloring pages and matching worksheets.
These solar system printables promote play based learning with a focus on STEM and sensory play based learning.
Solar System PDF Downloads
We are always on the lookout for science worksheets that help to solidify what we are learning. This solar system worksheet packet is a free download of learning fun with worksheets and activities.
The Solar System Fun Facts download will teach your kid some exciting facts about the planets that make up our solar system. These are perfect for first grade.
Printable Worksheets for Solar System
Match each planet to the description with this fun planet matching worksheet. This planets worksheet will help your kids learn the name of the planets as they are working on it.
Older kids will enjoy learning about the sizes of the planets and creating their own Solar System to Scale activity.
Solar System Worksheet Downloads
This download includes solar system worksheets for grade 1, grade 2 and grade 3. These free worksheets include word searches, planet trivia, planet memorization with word cards and more.
Are you looking for solar system worksheets for all ages and grades? There are tons of solar systems worksheets pdf downloads for early elementary and grade 4, grade 5, grade 6 and up.
Solar System Cut and Paste
Learn the names of the planets, what they look and practice fine motor skills with this solar system planet cut and paste activity.
This cut and paste solar system activity is also a coloring page so your children can color the planets that they are learning about.
Free Solar System Printables
If you are looking for solar system worksheet pdfs to enhance your study of outer space, check out these free
Planet Order Printables
Are your children trying to remember in what order the planets are found in our solar system? These solar system planet order worksheets will help your kids put them in the order they belong.
This solar system worksheet will guide your children through the order of the planets. Read a list of clues and put the planets in their proper order.
Label the Planets
Learn the names of the planets and label the planets in our solar system on this fun and educational printable.
Identify and fill in the names of the planets on this solar system planet labeling printable.
Solar System Worksheets for Kids
The solar system isn’t complete without a study of the moon. Kids will have fun learning about the moon with these free worksheets.
If you enjoy a Montessori style learning experience then these Montessori inspired moon printables will be the perfect fit for your lesson plans.
Learn fun facts about the moon, as well as hands-on activities with our free moon printable.
Moon Phases Printables
Identify the phases of the moon by labeling the different phases and tracking them on the printable moon tracker.
Step-by-step instruction on how to create the phases of the moon with oreo cookies. Your kids will have a great time creating the different phases while eating cookies at the same time.
There are so many facts to learn about the planets in our solar system. Planet Fact Cards are a great way work on memorization of the facts of all the planets that are included in the solar system.
Mercury facts for kids
- Avg. Distance from Sun: .39 AU
- Length of Year: 88 Earth days
- Rotation Period: 59 Earth days
- Diameter: 3,032 mi (4,879 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: 332 °F (167 °C)
- Number of Satellites: None
- Main Satellite(s): N/A
Facts about Venus
- Avg. Distance from Sun: .72 AU
- Length of Year: 225 Earth days
- Rotation Period: 243 Earth days
- Diameter: 7,521 mi (12,104 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: 867 °F (464 °C)
- Number of Satellites: None
- Main Satellite(s): N/A
Facts about Earth for kids
- Avg. Distance from Sun: 1 AU
- Length of Year: 365 days 6 hours 9 minutes 9.54 seconds
- Rotation Period: 23 hours 56 minutes 4.09 seconds (1 day)
- Diameter: 8,000 miles (13,000 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: 59 °F (15 °C)
- Number of Satellites: 1
- Main Satellite(s): Moon
Facts about Mars for kids
- Avg. Distance from Sun: 1.5 AU
- Length of Year: 687 Earth days
- Rotation Period: 24 hours 39 minutes 35 seconds
- Diameter: 4,221 mi (6,792 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: −82 °F (−63 °C)
- Number of Satellites: 2
- Main Satellite(s): Phobos, Deimos
Facts about Jupiter for kids
- Avg. Distance from Sun: 5.2 AU
- Length of Year: 12 Earth years
- Rotation Period: 9 hours 56 minutes
- Diameter: 88,846 mi (142,984 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: –162 °F (–108 °C)
- Number of Satellites: 79
- Main Satellite(s): Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto
Facts about Saturn for kids
- Avg. Distance from Sun: 9.5 AU
- Length of Year: 29.5 Earth years
- Rotation Period: 10 hours 33 minutes
- Diameter: 74,898 mi (120,536 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: –218 °F (–139 °C) Number of Satellites: 62
- Main Satellite(s): Titan, Enceladus, Phoebe
Uranus facts for kids
- Avg. Distance from Sun: 19.2 AU
- Length of Year: 84 Earth years
- Rotation Period: 17 hours 14 minutes
- Diameter: 31,763 mi (51,118 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: –323 ºF (–197 ºC) Number of Satellites: 27
- Main Satellite(s): Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, Oberon
Facts about Neptune for kids
- Avg. Distance from Sun: 30.1 AU
- Length of Year: 165 Earth years
- Rotation Period: 16 hours 7 minutes
- Diameter: 30,775 mi (49,528 km)
- Avg. Surface Temperature: –330 °F (–201 °C)
- Number of Satellites: 14
- Main Satellite(s): Triton, Nereid
Learning about the solar system is a fun introduction to space science and astronomy. Giving your kids free printable solar system worksheets with hands-on activities is a great way to get them excited about science.
Sarah is a wife, daughter of the King and Mama to 4 children (one who is a homeschool graduate)! She is a an eclectic, Charlotte Mason style homeschooler that has been homeschooling for almost 20 years.. She is still trying to find the balance between work and keeping a home and says she can only do it by the Grace of God, and Coffee!