Scientists estimate there could be more than 10 million living species of animals in our world today! How do they ever keep them all organized for study? The answer is scientific classification. These FREE Animal Classification Fact Cards and Cheat Sheets can help kids learn some basic animal classification terms as well as classification information for 50 animals.
This post is part of the FREE Cheat Sheets & Fact Cards Series
There are three parts to these FREE Animal Classification Fact Cards and Cheat Sheets. First is a cheat sheet of animal classification terms. This page looks at:
- scientific name
Next is a set of animal information cheat sheets. These include the name, type, family, and scientific name for 50 animals such as:
- American black bear
- Bactrian camel
- Egyptian fruit bat
- gila monster
- honey ant
- red-tailed hawk
- and many more!
The final part of these FREE Animal Classification Fact Cards and Cheat Sheets are the fact cards themselves – 100 of them! There are 50 full color fact cards that include a picture of the animal, its type, its family, and its scientific name. Next are 50 black and white fact cards with blank spaces for your students to fill in the information. They can also color the animal pictures if they wish.
It’s a great way to become familiar with different families and species of animals, and there are many ways you can use this tool in your studies. Older students can even use them to launch a study of what animals are related, what makes the animals in a particular family similar, and more!
We have more FREE animal-related resources we don’t want you to miss!
- Animal Classification Color by Code
- Animal Classification Cut & Paste
- Animal Kingdom and Classification Printables
- Worksheets to Help Kids Explore the Animal Kingdom
- Printables to Help Your Kids Learn About Lizards
- Endangered Animals Cheat Sheets
- Worksheets All About Endangered Animals
- Mammals Around the World Guided Drawing
- Sea & Ocean Life Cycles Cut & Paste
- Insects, Worms, Snails & Spiders Life Cycles Cut & Paste
- Breeds of Horses Guided Drawing
- Equine Science Unit Study Resources
- Birds Around the World Guided Drawing
- Ocean Animals Notebooking Research Journal
- Audubon Birds Notebooking Journal
- Types of Whales Matching Game
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.