Does this ever happen in your home? You sit down together, read God’s Word, and then sit and stare at each other because no one knows what to say. You try to ask questions about what everyone thinks about what you’ve read, but no one really engages or answers.
This Character-Based Bible Study for Kids is full of helpful questions to help guide you and your children through a study of 2 Peter 1-11.
This Character-Based Bible Study for Kids focuses on the traits of virtue, knowledge, self-control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection, and love. The study guides kids into a deeper understanding of the traits by looking at their synonyms and antonyms. It also challenges them to find other places these traits are discussed in Scripture.
The study doesn’t look just at the traits, however. It also helps kids understand why these traits are important, why they are worth pursuing, and what it can mean to their lives to grow in these traits (or to fail to grow).
One of the things I like the most about this study is that it clearly shows that growing in good character isn’t just about “working harder,” though it does require hard work. It emphasizes the fact that Jesus has already done the work of providing these traits and making them available. We can’t do that. But what we can do—and what we alone are responsible for doing—is implement these qualities in our lives. By doing so, we’ll grow in our faith and in our effectiveness for His kingdom.
This study uses word study, graphic organizers, memory work, action cards, and a super-fun hands-on activity to emphasize character traits important to every Christian. It also emphasizes helping kids find practical ways to put what they learn into practice so they can continue to grow in Christ.
It’s a fun, easy-to-use Bible study perfect for parents and students in grades 4-8 to do together. There’s no prep work, so grab your copy today and start growing closer together as a family and closer to God.
You might want to check out these free Bible resources for use in your homeschool:
- Learning About Missionaries FREE Printables and Resources
- Books of the Bible Fact Cards and Cheat Sheets
- Building Christlike Virtues and Qualities in Our Children
- Biblical Feasts Copywork Series
- Bible Study Journal-Questions From the Gospels
- Bible Study Journaling Pages
- Biblical Places Notebooking Unit
- The Prophets of the Old Testament Timeline & Notebooking Journal
- Authors of the Old Testament Notebooking Research Journal
- Authors of the New Testament Notebooking Research Journal
- Printable Bible Studies for Kids
- Bible Story Charades, Vol. 1
- Bible Story Charades, Vol. 2
- Bible Story Sequencing Cut and Paste
- Ways to Bring Bible Stories to Life
- Bible Story Printables and Freebies for Early Elementary
- Old Testament Musical Instruments Study
- Verses About Friendship From Proverbs Copywork
- Miracles of Jesus Coloring Pages
- Old Testament Bible Stories Reading Comprehension Unit
- Bible Study Tools for Older Students
- Old Testament Kings Notebooking Adventure
- Bible Verse Art & Copywork Pack
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
Resources for Learning About Opera
Some kids find learning about opera boring but they can actually be very entertaining. I believe mus
Fall Scavenger Hunts for Your Homeschool
Being a traveling family, my kids love spending time outside. In fact, most days we have to remind t
FREE Places of Ancient Greece Notebooking & Research
Understanding ancient history is critical to understanding our modern day, but the changes in geogra
Free Resources About the American Flag
Have you ever wanted to learn more about the country flag? These free resources about the American f
Resources for Learning About Kenya
You can turn teaching your students about countries into a fun unit study. If you are teaching your
FREE Resources for Learning about Sea Turtles
Sea turtles are amazingly large reptiles that can be found in all the oceans of the world, except th
8 Ways to Train Your Kids to Keep an Organized Homeschool
As you work to create a home atmosphere that is conducive to learning, creativity, and well-being, c