To anyone who has read many of my posts, it’s no secret that history is my favorite subject. If a book is engaging, I could happily read history all day long. Reading books for hours on end or doing worksheets isn’t for every child, but it’s still vitally important that they understand and get a firm grasp on history. Instead of worksheets, kids can enjoy some hands-on history with this FREE Hands-On Timeline of the 1920s.
This FREE Hands-On Timeline of the 1920s includes a timeline of 40 events that happened in the 1920s. It is followed by a timeline students can build by pasting the images they cut out from the unit. There are lots of ways you can use this timeline – as a teaching tool, a review resource, or even as a way for students to narrate back to you things they have learned about the 1920s.
This unit includes facts primarily from the history of the United States and also includes facts from around the world. Topics include:
- Presidents of the United States
- scientists and inventors
- key laws in the United States
- famous landmarks
- and more!
Scroll down to get your FREE instant download!
Don’t miss these other FREE modern history resources we have for you on Homeschool Giveaways!
Are you looking for an American history unit you can do with your kids that includes reading comprehension, notebooking, and timeline work? Check out American History Through the Eyes of the Presidents!
For each president, you will find:
- Informational text, a notebooking page, and reading comprehension questions: The student can read the lesson text (or a parent/teacher can read it aloud) and use the notebooking page that is included for written narration, using the questions as writing prompts. This often works better for students who struggle with reading comprehension questions. Alternatively, you can ask the questions orally if that suits your student’s learning style best.
- Important Facts page: This page is for recording key information about each president.
- Timeline worksheet: Timeline facts and one timeline worksheet for each president is included. A master timeline worksheet that can also be filled in as each president is completed is included at the end of the resource and features 450 events from U.S. and world history.
- Research project: Each set of timeline facts includes dates about the president as well as additional facts from American and/or world history. Students can do a research project for any of the American and/or world history events included in the timeline.
This is a great way to introduce major themes in American history and encourage students to dig deeper and discover the impacts and legacies, both good and bad, left behind by the nation’s presidents.
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
How to Teach the Continents in 3 Easy Steps + FREE Continent
Midway through the elementary years you’ll most likely start teaching your homeschoolers about the
Using Puppets in Your Homeschool (Plus Easy Ones You Can Mak
When I think about puppets, my mind immediately goes to the Muppet Show! I mean those two old guy pu
Jonah Bible Study for the whole family
Our kids likely know the Sunday School version of the story of Jonah. But do they know how the story
FREE Resources About Rockets and Missiles
Children seem to be fascinated with outer space and rockets that can fly to the moon. It is super ex
Valentine's Day Countdown Free Printable
Kids are often excited by special occasions and events. We have a great opportunity to invest in
Easy Homeschool Transcripts and 4 More High School How Tos
Are you considering the monumental task of teaching a high school student at home? Maybe you are alr