If you are looking for some interactive lessons your students can enjoy in math, language arts, and science, Century is offering their library FREE for a limited time. We’ll focus on the FREE Science Videos & Lessons in this post, but each subject area is set up in a similar way.
Note to parents: please be aware of the potential for evolutionary content in some of the science lessons and use your discretion when sharing with your students.
Once you’ve set up your account (scroll down for Getting Started details), students start with diagnostics in the following categories (depending on the ages selected when you sign up):
- English: Word Classes
- Physics: Forms and Sources of Energy
- Mathematics: Number and Place Value
- Physics: Motion
- Biology: Cell Biology
- Science: Plants
- English: Understanding Vocabulary
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
The diagnostics are used to create a unique learning path for your student. For example, after taking some assessments, I found I was doing well on place value and word classes but could use some refreshing on prokaryotic cells. My individual learning path then began with a video about prokaryotic cells. It was followed by a self-correcting quiz that included questions such as multiple choice, diagram labeling, and more.
Sign up takes a few minutes, but please be sure to read each screen carefully. Start by going to the Parents & Guardians Sign-Up page. After you set up your log in information, you’ll be taken to an add learners page. On this page, be sure to set up your students using ONLY the “Essentials” packages marked FREE. That is:
- Year 3 (age 7-8)
- Year 3 – Essentials (Maths, English, and Science)
- Year 4 (ages 8-9)
- Year 4 – Essentials (Maths, English, and Science)
- Year 5 (ages 9-10)
- Year 5 – Essentials (Maths, English, and Science)
- Year 6 (age 10-11)
- Year 6 – Essentials (Maths, English, and Science)
- Years 10 and 11 (age 14-16)
- Year 10-11 – Essentials (Maths, English, and Science)
- Years 7, 8, and 9 (ages 11-14)
- Years 7-9 – Essentials (Maths, English, and Science)
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.