It’s often said that our mind is renewed with God’s Word, but maybe you’re wondering how to renew your mind with God’s Word.
Romans 12:2 says,
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
By this scripture, we find out that:
- Transformation in our lives is possible.
- Transformation doesn’t begin on the outside of us; but rather, begins on the inside of us.
- Transformation starts with the renewing of our minds.
Our minds are powerful. They can create something out of nothing or be laser focused and accomplish a lot.
But, what if there’s an area of your life that you’d like to see changed or transformed. What is that going to take and what process do you need to go through?
According to Romans 12:2, transformation begins by renewing your mind and the renewing of your mind begins with what you feed your mind.
Here’s how to renew your mind with God’s Word:
- READ the Bible or focus on a topical reading plan as it relates to something you’re going through.
- MEDIATE on God’s Word, which means to think, mutter and utter it. If God’s Word just becomes something we read, it doesn’t cause change to happen. But, if we chew on it, digest it, speak it and focus on it, God will open up what we’re reading in such a way that it will apply to our lives now or what will be coming. A great way to dive into the Word is with a Bible study journal page.
- PRAY and ask the Lord to reveal a scripture that you’re reading and what He wants you to draw out of it. It takes our pursuit of Him. James 4:8 says, “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.’
- HEAR AND DO what He says to you. As you work through this process of renewing your mind with God’s Word, you may need to do things along the way that are uncomfortable that you need to change or start doing.
God didn’t call us to live a comfortable life; He called us to pick up our cross and follow Him; to do things out of the ordinary and live after Him which will take a continual process of renewing our minds.
Begin the journey today and renew your mind with this Renewing Your Mind 30-Day Scripture Challenge printable from Wildly Anchored.
Melanie is a homeschool mom to 2, living in Alberta, Canada. She is passionate about encouraging homeschool moms who are just like her – unqualified to homeschool, yet called by God to do it. Melanie loves coffee, worship music, and the mountains. You can find resources, printables and more from Melanie at Wildly Anchored, and you can connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Tips to Teach Your Kids About Dramatic Elements in Literatur
Dramatic elements of literature are plainly the different parts that make up a story. These tips to
Organization Tips for Homeschool Moms
Homeschool moms have a lot of organization challenges. First, we're not only educators, we're homema
How to Get Your Kids Excited About Writing
For our fourth grade homeschool year we used a writing curriculum that walked the student through th
From “Never Homeschooling” to Homeschooling This Fall
Kristina Hernandez admitted she was in the “never homeschooling club” until she didn’t have a
How to Encourage Your Child
Learning how to encourage your child when they are discouraged can be challenging and even grow more
Free Resources About Musical Instruments
If you are exploring music in your homeschool, then these free resources about musical instruments c
Downloadable Monthly Meal Plans with Clickable Links for Aug
This has been a strange year for sure. We had big plans for traveling up the East Coast and over to