It’s often said that our mind is renewed with God’s Word, but maybe you’re wondering how to renew your mind with God’s Word.
Romans 12:2 says,
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
By this scripture, we find out that:
- Transformation in our lives is possible.
- Transformation doesn’t begin on the outside of us; but rather, begins on the inside of us.
- Transformation starts with the renewing of our minds.
Our minds are powerful. They can create something out of nothing or be laser focused and accomplish a lot.
But, what if there’s an area of your life that you’d like to see changed or transformed. What is that going to take and what process do you need to go through?
According to Romans 12:2, transformation begins by renewing your mind and the renewing of your mind begins with what you feed your mind.
Here’s how to renew your mind with God’s Word:
- READ the Bible or focus on a topical reading plan as it relates to something you’re going through.
- MEDIATE on God’s Word, which means to think, mutter and utter it. If God’s Word just becomes something we read, it doesn’t cause change to happen. But, if we chew on it, digest it, speak it and focus on it, God will open up what we’re reading in such a way that it will apply to our lives now or what will be coming. A great way to dive into the Word is with a Bible study journal page.
- PRAY and ask the Lord to reveal a scripture that you’re reading and what He wants you to draw out of it. It takes our pursuit of Him. James 4:8 says, “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.’
- HEAR AND DO what He says to you. As you work through this process of renewing your mind with God’s Word, you may need to do things along the way that are uncomfortable that you need to change or start doing.
God didn’t call us to live a comfortable life; He called us to pick up our cross and follow Him; to do things out of the ordinary and live after Him which will take a continual process of renewing our minds.
Begin the journey today and renew your mind with this Renewing Your Mind 30-Day Scripture Challenge printable from Wildly Anchored.
Melanie is a homeschool mom to 2, living in Alberta, Canada. She is passionate about encouraging homeschool moms who are just like her – unqualified to homeschool, yet called by God to do it. Melanie loves coffee, worship music, and the mountains. You can find resources, printables and more from Melanie at Wildly Anchored, and you can connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
How to Teach Toddlers About Gardening
Toddlers love to learn about the world around them. Kids this age are naturally full of curiosity an
FREE Types of Government Cheat Sheets
It can be tricky to keep track of what types of governments different countries have. From authorita
Homeschooling with Hamilton
My daughters absolutely love musicals, and singing, and dancing. We hear a lot of soundtracks in our
FREE Community Helpers Guided Drawing
Everyone is part of some kind of a community. Whether we live in small towns or big cities, virtuall
Homeschooling Curriculum Acronyms and Abbreviations
Are you new to homeschooling? Are you overwhelmed by some of the acronyms and abbreviations you are
5 Ideas for Celebrating Valentine's Day in Your Homeschool
As homeschoolers we can make anything a lesson, even through celebrating Valentine’s Day. Whether