What would you say if you were asked to name the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World? You’d probably say the pyramids of Egypt at Giza. Maybe you’d think of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Could you name the other five? Could your kids?
Enjoy the next volume in our popular reading comprehension series with this fun way to complement your ancient history studies with some reading comprehension.
Your students will learn about the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World:
- Lighthouse of Alexandria
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
- Colossus at Rhodes
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Pyramids of Egypt at Giza
They’ll learn from informative non-fiction text and answer comprehension questions based on each of the seven wonders. They can create a notebooking page for narration and learn new vocabulary words. It’s perfect for 4th-8th grades and can be easily adapted for other ages.
There are multiple ways that you can use our reading comprehension printables aside from reading and answering questions. Here are some ideas:
- Create a notebook for your reading comprehension units & make each new one that comes out a new “section”
- Use written narration to write what you learned
- Use a blank notebooking page to draw an illustration of the subject of the reading passage
- Use a separate page to answer the questions with complete sentences
You might also enjoy these free ancient history resources:
- Ancient Rome Resources & FREEBIES for Your Digital Homeschool
- FREE Ancient History Resources, Unit Studies & Printables
- FREE Date Dash Ancient Egypt Card Game
- Ancient Rome Definition Cards (FREE Printable)
- Ancient Rome FREE Unit Studies, Printables and Ideas
- Hands-On Activities and Ideas for an Ancient Egypt Unit Study
- Why Teaching About Greek Mythology in Your Christian Homeschool is Not Bad
- FREE World History with a Plan for All Ages
This reading comprehension unit has been reformatted and expanded and is no longer free.
It is now included as part of the Nonfiction Reading Comprehension, Written Narration & Research resource found in our store. This full year reading comprehension unit is so much more than just reading comprehension. Click here to learn more.
Carrie Fernandez is the founder of Homeschool Giveaways and owner of Daily Skill Building. She has been homeschooling for over 18 years, has two girls and works side by side at home with her awesome husband. She has been saved by grace, fails daily, but continues to strive toward the prize of the high calling of being a daughter of the Most High God.
Series Navigation Previous: Seven Wonders of the Natural World Reading Comprehension Geography Unit Next: Seven Wonders of the Medieval World History Unit