Allowing our brains the freedom for free expression, even by doodling, can have a wonderful impact on how we process, retain, and share information. Art therapy for kids can be used to help a child cope with a major life event. It can also help children who struggle with low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, learning disabilities, and behavioral issues, as well as developmental delays like autism and ADHD. Help your kids in your homeschooling family deal with their emotions in a healthy way through these helpful art therapy prompts.
1. Paint or color while listening to music.
2. Paint a picture with your fingers.
3. Draw with your eyes closed.
4. Make a collage of things you love.
5. Create a past, present, and future self-portrait.
6. Draw yourself as a superhero.
7. Make art with your fingerprints.
8. Draw a comic strip.
9. Create a family tree.
10. Draw one of your dreams.
11. Make art out of recycled items.
12. Draw a relaxing scene or landscape.
13. Draw an imaginary creature.
14. Paint a rainbow.
15. Scribble mindlessly.
16. Draw with white charcoal on black paper.
17. Draw your favorite animal.
18. Draw a waterfall.
19. Paint on a t-shirt.
20. Create a tie-dye paper using water, markers, and aluminum foil.
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, support services, and an accredited online academy. Visit Alpha Omega Publications online or call 800-622-3070 to learn more.