Located on the westernmost edge of Europe, Ireland occupies nearly 80 percent of the island, while Northern Ireland makes up the other 20 percent. Known for its lush, green fields, it has an interesting history, which includes the famous Saint Patrick who is said to have driven all the snakes out of Ireland, which children will love to learn about. Here are some great resources for learning about St. Patrick’s Day.
Remembered for bringing Christianity to Ireland, St. Patrick is said to have used Ireland’s national flower, the shamrock to represent the Holy Trinity. Here is a great list of fun free printables relating to St. Patrick as well as traditional Irish music that can be used as part of your Ireland study or learning about of St. Patrick’s Day.
St. Patrick’s Day Printables
With St. Patrick’s Day approaching, learn about this famous missionary of the early church with these free St. Patrick’s Day History Worksheets.
This St Patrick’s Day Printable Pack is aimed for kids ages 2-8. It contains lots of fun activities such as: colouring pages, number puzzles, handwriting practice, counting, size sequencing and lots more.
These St. Patrick’s Day Colour by Number Worksheets are an engaging way to practice number recognition from 1 through 5 and color recognition while working on fine motor skills.
This fun St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet Match is a great way for young children to learn the letters of the alphabet while working on fine motor skills.
Traditional Irish Music Printables
Some instruments that are used in traditional Irish music have a long history such as the harp which dates back at least 1000 years, while the pipes and fiddles became popular in the 18thand 19th centuries. Learn more about Traditional Irish Instruments with these printables.
Children will love learning about the music of Ireland with this traditional Irish Instruments flip book.
Young children will enjoy learning about different musical instruments used in Irish music with this Traditional Irish Music Instruments Reader.
Older children will enjoy learning about fourteen different instruments used in Irish music with these Traditional Irish Music Instruments Notebooking Pages.
This Irish blessing copy work will make a great addition to your child’s understanding of the rich beauty of Ireland.
Your whole family will enjoy this easy St. Patrick’s Day craft that helps teach your kids about storing up treasures in heaven.
Explore more about Ireland with this Ireland Unit Study from Simple Living. Creative Learning for FREE until the 20th March 2021.
Stacey is a homeschooling Christian mum trying to live a simple, frugal, healthy life. She lives with her husband and two gorgeous boys in the sunshine state of Queensland, Australia. You can check out her blog at Simple Living Creative Learning where you find printables, kids activities, homemaking resources, homeschooling encouragement, and even some recipes!
5 Ways to Get Outside and Make Art With Nature
It's a great time of year to plan a nature walk with your kids for the purpose of creating art with
How to Choose the Right Pet for Your Family
Discovering how to choose the right pet for your family hasn’t been the easiest task for some fami
Free Resources for Studying Degas
Is your family working through some artist studies this year? If so, these free resources for studyi
FREE Learning About Shapes Activity
Learning about shapes is fun as a kid - and once you learn what they are, you can spot them everywhe
FREE Identifying Animal Tracks Unit Study
Springtime is the perfect time for an animal tracks unity study. Most animals have started coming ou
Free Brain Teasers and Logic Puzzles
If you would like to start increasing and improving your child’s critical thinking skills, these f
Free Printables and Worksheets for Learning About Europe
Grab these free printables and worksheets for learning about Europe, the second smallest continent o