How much do your kids know about the terminology of cooking? Help them enjoy cooking more and remove some of the frustration of following a recipe by helping them learn and practice 30 key terms related to cooking with this FREE Cooking Terminology Copywork unit.
Whether you consider it home economics, life skills, or just part of growing up, cooking is a nearly inescapable part of adult life. Recipes can be fun to put together, but they are more fun when you don’t have to stop to look words up to understand what you need to do. That’s where this FREE Cooking Terminology Copywork unit is helpful! It helps kids learn 30 terms related to cooking while working in some print handwriting practice at the same time!
Each term and definition is on a page trimmed by a geometric border that kids can color and use to design patterns if they like. The terms included in this unit are:
- au gratin
Scroll down to grab your FREE Cooking Terminology Copywork unit.
Here are some other FREE cooking resources, recipes, and tips we don’t want you to miss:
- Why It’s Important to Teach Your Kids How to Cook
- How to Teach Almost Anything with Pizza
- 20+ Delicious Fall Breads
- 56 Variations on the Classic Macaroni & Cheese
- 89 Chicken Freezer Meal Recipes
- 30 Amazing Chicken Wing Recipes
- 66 Mouthwatering Burger Recipes Perfect for Grilling Season
- 100+ Beef Freezer Meals
- 15 Grown-up Grilled Cheese Recipes
- 30 Freezer Meals for Pork & Ham
- BEST Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork (Gluten Free & MSG Free)
- 5 Tips For Canning With Kids + Canning Labels
- 60 Delicious Canning Recipes
- Canning Ideas and Resources for the Homemaker
- 50+ Delicious Maple Recipes
- plus TONS more recipes and monthly meal plans
And here are some fun resources to help you get your kids excited about cooking!
Cooking Class Global Feast!: 44 Recipes That Celebrate the World’s CulturesGood Housekeeping Kids Cook!: 100+ Super-Easy, Delicious Recipes (Volume 1) (Good Housekeeping Kids Cookbooks)The Complete Baking Book for Young ChefsThe Complete Cookbook for Young ChefsBaking Class: 50 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Bake! (Cooking Class)Kid Chef Every Day: The Easy Cookbook for Foodie KidsMasterChef Junior Cookbook: Bold Recipes and Essential Techniques to Inspire Young Cooks
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.