Can you put the following facts in chronological order?
- France is pressured into withdrawing from Mexico, and Benito Jaurez becomes president
- The end of the Mexican Revolution
- Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. sign the North American Free Trade Agreement, which will not go into effect for another two years
- General Santa Ana deposes Emperor Iturbide—Mexico becomes a republic
- Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo signed giving approximately half of Mexico’s territory to the U.S.
- France, after a 2-year battle, proclaims Maximilian of Austria as Emperor of Mexico
- Mexico nationalizes the oil industry and takes control of all foreign-owned oil companies
- Mexican forces defeat French troops at the Battle of Puebla on the fifth of May
- French, English, and Spanish troops invade Mexico. England and Spain withdraw, but France stays.
This Mexican History and Geography pack includes a timeline quiz that challenges students to put 24 events from Mexican history in chronological order, from 1821-2012. Plus, there is a map activity included requiring students to correctly place and label 20 cities, countries, physical formations, and more on a blank map of Mexico. Download your copy today!
Don’t miss Past Empires of the Americas: Mayans, Aztecs, & Incas, a 100-page project pack from In the Hands of a Child, on SALE for 70% off for a limited time.
Bonnie Rose Hudson works as the Director of SchoolhouseTeachers.com, the curriculum site of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine®. Her heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, ways you can write for the homeschool market, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
FREE Writing Prompts for Every Season
Writing prompts are a great way to help a child practice their writing skills. It also helps them to
[FREE] Laws of Motion Experiments.
So Many Great Questions! Kids are full of so many curious questions, aren’t they? If your kids ar
Printables to Teach Kids About Modern Artists
After some research, I found that the idea of modern art I had was NOT what I thought it was. When I
FREE Trolls and Fairy Tales Art and Creative Writing Pack
Do your children love fairy tales, legends, and stories about enchanted animals and creatures? If so
FREE Science Video Course and Lesson Plan
Lesson Plans Available Science Shepherd Homeschool Curriculum has partnered with Homeschool Planet
FREE Modern History Activities & Notebooking: 1900s
How much do your children know about the 1900s? Sometimes, it can be hard to fit in a study of moder
28 Kid-Friendly Shows & Movies All About Engineering
I grew up with a dad who loved movies. He not only loved watching them, he loved buying them to watc