Enter to win a family membership to Ooka Island Adventure, a learn-to-read game for ages 3-7!
The Ooka Island Adventure is an adaptive learn-to-read technology for Pre-K to 2nd Grade. The combination of the innovative features below make it a powerful tool to accelerate the reading development of emergent readers as they move along the path to fluent reading.
- The Eye / Ear Reading Method revolves around the five following fundamentals of reading: phonemic awareness, phonetics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension.
- An adaptive learning algorithm called READirect that ensures skill mastery in reading for each student.
- Comprehensive assessment and real-time progress reports provided online in the Ooka Lighthouse and organized into actionable data for multiple end-users.
- An assessment tool called the Ooka Compass for students who already have a reading base to start them at the most appropriate level on the Book Path
- A built-in E-Reader called the Popcorn Library packed with 85 carefully leveled and sequenced Ooka Island e-Books.
- In a complete and rigorous program for beginning readers, approximately 80 hours of proven reading curriculum is presented to our youngest learners in a virtual world format with a heroic storyline and mission.
Ready to Enter? Use our Giveaway Widget Below!
Note: We added extra entries that were not Social Media related so that our homeschooling friends who are blessed enough not to be sucked into SM can get some extra entries too!
Carrie Fernandez is the founder of Homeschool Giveaways and owner of Daily Skill Building. She has been homeschooling for over 18 years, has two girls and works side by side at home with her awesome husband. She has been saved by grace, fails daily, but continues to strive toward the prize of the high calling of being a daughter of the Most High God.