Landmarks tell a vital part of a nation’s story. Often, the story of the landmark’s design and construction is also fascinating but overlooked. These FREE Architects and U.S. Landmarks Fact Cards give students a place to start exploring these stories by introducing them to 32 landmarks and their architects.
This will go along great with a STEM unit study on architects and architecture!
This FREE Architects and U.S. Landmarks Fact Cards unit starts with 4 cheat sheets that list 32 U.S. landmarks along with key years (such as the year it opened), its location, and its architect(s).
Next are 32 fact cards that include an image of each landmark along with the information from the cheat sheets. At the end of the unit are 32 blank fact cards that include the images of the landmarks and space for students to fill in the information.
These can be fun to use on their own or to use to launch other projects. Younger kids might enjoy finding all the locations mentioned on a map. Older kids might want to research some of the architects mentioned and discover if they designed other famous landmarks.
Kids of any age can also enjoy coloring the images of the landmarks if they choose. It’s a simple, no-prep activity that can lead to further research and discovery.
Scroll down to get your FREE instant download!
Here are some more FREE architect, engineer, and landmark resources we don’t want you to miss!
- Architects and World Landmarks Fact Cards
- Architects & Engineers Vol. 1 Notebooking Research Journal
- Architects & Engineers Vol. 2 Notebooking Research Journal
- 28 Kid-Friendly Shows & Movies All About Engineering
- Exploring Landmarks – 9 resources exploring 60+ landmarks
- USA Country Study: States, Landmarks, Facts and More
- U.S. Man-Made Landmarks Notebooking Journal
- Unit Studies and Printables for Landmarks in the USA
- Famous People Mini Quiz Pack Volume 5 – Architects
- Famous People Mini Quiz Pack Vol. 18 – Irish Engineers and Inventors
Download your free fact cards and cheat sheets today!