I think Groundhog Day is one of the most creative and unique minor holidays we celebrate each year. Being from Pennsylvania, I can’t help but be proud of our tradition (though I confess, I have not made the journey to see the furry little fella on his big day). After all, how many times do you get “cute,” “furry,” and “rodent” all in a description of a holiday celebrated across the country? If you want to jump start your kids’ creativity, grab these FREE Groundhog Day Writing Prompts.
These FREE Groundhog Day Writing Prompts are designed to help 8-12-year-olds think outside the box and have fun at the same time. Even if they are reluctant writers, they can have fun with writing prompts about:
- What do you do if you’re a groundhog who is always getting lost in its burrow?
- What do you do if you’re Punxsutawney Phil but hate the name “Phil”?
- What happens to you as a groundhog when you put on your best disguise and try to observe Groundhog Day from the outside?
- And much more!
There are 10 writing prompts in all plus blank notebooking pages to help capture your kids’ stories. Scroll down for your FREE instant download!
Here are some other FREE writing tips, prompts, and resources we don’t want you to miss:
- How Creative Writing Prompts Can Help Your Children Become Better Writers
- Creative Writing Story Steps
- Creative Writing & Illustration Prompts: All About Space
- Creative Writing & Illustration Prompts: All About Horses
- Creative Writing & Illustration Prompts: Down on the Farm
- All About Space Trace & Write
- All About Horses Trace & Write
- Down on the Farm Trace & Write
- Writing Poetry – Samples & Templates for 5 Types of Poetry
- Newspaper Writing Prompts About Ancient Egypt
- Writing Prompts for Every Season
- Writing Prompts Broken Down by Age Group
- Ocean-Themed Writing Prompts for Kids
Learn about the history of Groundhog Day with these fun books:
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
Unit Studies for Animal Science
Do you know that there is a difference between Animal Science and Zoology? These resources and unit
Resources About Milestones in American History
These resources about milestones in American history are just a handful of events and experiences th
How to Teach Geography to the Child Who Hates Geography
Discovering how to teach geography to the child who hates geography can be challenging. First things
Encouragement for Moms: The Courageous Mama Summit
Being a mom is one of the hardest yet most rewarding jobs in the world. Add homeschooling on top of
FREE Resources to Learn About the U.S. Government
It is an election year, and the election is only a couple of weeks away. This is a very pivotal time
Teaching Through the Grumbles: How to Parent the Child Who C
The following post comes from an interview between host Stephanie and her guest Tricia Goy