I think Groundhog Day is one of the most creative and unique minor holidays we celebrate each year. Being from Pennsylvania, I can’t help but be proud of our tradition (though I confess, I have not made the journey to see the furry little fella on his big day). After all, how many times do you get “cute,” “furry,” and “rodent” all in a description of a holiday celebrated across the country? If you want to jump start your kids’ creativity, grab these FREE Groundhog Day Writing Prompts.
These FREE Groundhog Day Writing Prompts are designed to help 8-12-year-olds think outside the box and have fun at the same time. Even if they are reluctant writers, they can have fun with writing prompts about:
- What do you do if you’re a groundhog who is always getting lost in its burrow?
- What do you do if you’re Punxsutawney Phil but hate the name “Phil”?
- What happens to you as a groundhog when you put on your best disguise and try to observe Groundhog Day from the outside?
- And much more!
There are 10 writing prompts in all plus blank notebooking pages to help capture your kids’ stories. Scroll down for your FREE instant download!
Here are some other FREE writing tips, prompts, and resources we don’t want you to miss:
- How Creative Writing Prompts Can Help Your Children Become Better Writers
- Creative Writing Story Steps
- Creative Writing & Illustration Prompts: All About Space
- Creative Writing & Illustration Prompts: All About Horses
- Creative Writing & Illustration Prompts: Down on the Farm
- All About Space Trace & Write
- All About Horses Trace & Write
- Down on the Farm Trace & Write
- Writing Poetry – Samples & Templates for 5 Types of Poetry
- Newspaper Writing Prompts About Ancient Egypt
- Writing Prompts for Every Season
- Writing Prompts Broken Down by Age Group
- Ocean-Themed Writing Prompts for Kids
Learn about the history of Groundhog Day with these fun books:
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
Tips to Teach Your Kids About Dramatic Elements in Literatur
Dramatic elements of literature are plainly the different parts that make up a story. These tips to
Organization Tips for Homeschool Moms
Homeschool moms have a lot of organization challenges. First, we're not only educators, we're homema
How to Get Your Kids Excited About Writing
For our fourth grade homeschool year we used a writing curriculum that walked the student through th
From “Never Homeschooling” to Homeschooling This Fall
Kristina Hernandez admitted she was in the “never homeschooling club” until she didn’t have a
How to Encourage Your Child
Learning how to encourage your child when they are discouraged can be challenging and even grow more
Free Resources About Musical Instruments
If you are exploring music in your homeschool, then these free resources about musical instruments c
Downloadable Monthly Meal Plans with Clickable Links for Aug
This has been a strange year for sure. We had big plans for traveling up the East Coast and over to