Get ready to have some hands-on fun with phonics with this FREE Phonics Cut and Paste Activity. Kids review key sounds in 88 words that include consonant blends, digraphs, and more. It’s simple to print and prep and can provide review activities for days.
This post is part of the Language Arts Fun Series
To get started with the FREE Phonics Cut and Paste Activity, simply print the pages. You’ll find a Master Word List at the beginning. Next, you’ll find 11 pages that illustrate the sounds. Finally, there are 22 worksheet pages that correspond to the sounds.
Simply cut the review pages in half, match one with its worksheet in the back, and you’re ready to go. Students look at the pictures on each page and identify the 4 words with the featured sound. Then they cut out the pictures and paste them onto the worksheet. They can color the images first if they wish. Two challenges at the end each include two featured sounds.
Here’s a closer look at the words and sounds covered:
- CH words: chair, chimpanzee, chicken, bench
- CK words: sock, clock, duck, kick
- CR words: crab, crushed can, crayon, crocodile
- DGE words: judge, bridge, fridge, badge
- FL words: flip flops, flamingo, flag, flower
- GR words: grapes, groundhog, groceries, grocery cart
- ING words: king, sing, swing, ring
- KN words: knight, knit, knob, knot
- ND words: sand, diamond, hand, wand
- NK words: skunk (or stink), bank, sink, trunk
- NT words: tent, ant, elephant, paint
- PH words: phone, photographs, pharaoh, photographer
- SH words: shoe, brush, fish, ship
- SL words: sleep, slip, sloth, sled
- SN words: snake, sneaker, snail, snowman
- ST words: nest, stamp, stop, stove
- TCH words: catch, scratch, match, hatch
- TH words: thread, thermometer, tooth, wreath
- TR words: tree, trash, train, tractor
- WH words: wheel, whistle, whisk, whale
- Bonus words: BL: blue, block; FR: French fries, frog
- Bonus words: GL: globe, glue; SK: skunk, skateboard
This FREE Phonics Cut and Paste Activity is a great way to review what they are learning in a hands-on way, sharpen phonics skills, and even give them some extra fine motor skills practice. Download yours today!
You might also enjoy:
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.