Get ready to have some hands-on fun with phonics with this FREE Phonics Cut and Paste Activity. Kids review key sounds in 88 words that include consonant blends, digraphs, and more. It’s simple to print and prep and can provide review activities for days.
To get started with the FREE Phonics Cut and Paste Activity, simply print the pages. You’ll find a Master Word List at the beginning. Next, you’ll find 11 pages that illustrate the sounds. Finally, there are 22 worksheet pages that correspond to the sounds.
Simply cut the review pages in half, match one with its worksheet in the back, and you’re ready to go. Students look at the pictures on each page and identify the 4 words with the featured sound. Then they cut out the pictures and paste them onto the worksheet. They can color the images first if they wish. Two challenges at the end each include two featured sounds.
Here’s a closer look at the words and sounds covered:
- CH words: chair, chimpanzee, chicken, bench
- CK words: sock, clock, duck, kick
- CR words: crab, crushed can, crayon, crocodile
- DGE words: judge, bridge, fridge, badge
- FL words: flip flops, flamingo, flag, flower
- GR words: grapes, groundhog, groceries, grocery cart
- ING words: king, sing, swing, ring
- KN words: knight, knit, knob, knot
- ND words: sand, diamond, hand, wand
- NK words: skunk (or stink), bank, sink, trunk
- NT words: tent, ant, elephant, paint
- PH words: phone, photographs, pharaoh, photographer
- SH words: shoe, brush, fish, ship
- SL words: sleep, slip, sloth, sled
- SN words: snake, sneaker, snail, snowman
- ST words: nest, stamp, stop, stove
- TCH words: catch, scratch, match, hatch
- TH words: thread, thermometer, tooth, wreath
- TR words: tree, trash, train, tractor
- WH words: wheel, whistle, whisk, whale
- Bonus words: BL: blue, block; FR: French fries, frog
- Bonus words: GL: globe, glue; SK: skunk, skateboard
This FREE Phonics Cut and Paste Activity is a great way to review what they are learning in a hands-on way, sharpen phonics skills, and even give them some extra fine motor skills practice. Download yours today!
You might also enjoy:
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
Is Gather Round Homeschool Curriculum Enough?
If you have stumbled upon this page, you may have been asking yourself "Is Gather Round enough?" I a
Recycling and Upcycling as a Family
Recycling can become a family activity. Plus, you can turn these activities into educational project
Free Resources for Teaching Geometry to Early Elementary
Introduce your homeschool students to the basic mathematics of shapes and figures with these free re
Ways You Can Bless the Moms in Your Life
Celebrating Mother’s Day with your family should be a special time to appreciate and show the moms
Tips for Teaching Kids Independent Research Skills
We should be intentional about teaching our kids how to access information on their own. Read these
Free Resources for Learning About Africa
Are your students exploring continents in your homeschool? Grab these free resources for learning ab