My children are pretty far spread out in age, so I’m always discovering things I hadn’t seen before with my older kids. From new curriculum and methods of teaching to new TV shows and different characters to love, parenting my younger children is its own unique experience.
Even when it comes to picture books, I’ve discovered new treasures. Of course, there are classic picture books I’m enjoying sharing with my little ones again, but it has been fun finding new books we love just as much.
1) The Story of Ping – A lesson in the importance of obedience and not wandering off.
2)Dear Zoo – If you have a child that likes lift-the-flap books they will love this one.
3) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom – The rhyming text makes this a fun read and it’s a great tool for teaching the letters of the alphabet. Click HERE for fun activities to go along with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
4) Duck & Goose (series) – Follow these friends on adventures and lessons in friendship.
5) We’re Going on a Bear Hunt – This book is a fantastic way to get your little one moving. Act out the different scenarios as you come upon them in the book.
6) How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Room – The How Do Dinosaurs series shows dinosaurs misbehaving and then the correct behavior that they of course do instead. These are great for your dinosaur lovers and for talking about behavior.
8) Love You Forever – This book holds a special place in the hearts of moms and their children. My college aged son even sends me quotes from it. If you haven’t read it yet, you must! Grab some tissue first though.
9) Press Here – Kids love this interactive, colorful book.
10) The Monster at the End of This Book – Another fun book that gets your child interacting with the story.
11) Llama Llama Red Pajama – The Llama Llama series teaches a variety of lessons. Llama Llama Red Pajama teaches about patience as llama waits for his mama.
12) If You Give a Mouse a Cookie – This fun series is a delight to read to young children.
14) Giraffes Can’t Dance – A sweet book about being yourself.
16) Caps for Sale – Mischief happens when the cap peddler takes a nap.
17) The Little Blue Truck – Farm animals and a little blue truck teach a lesson on the importance of being kind.
18) The Very Hungry Caterpillar – A classic by Eric Carle not to be missed.
19) A Pair of Red Clogs – A great lesson about honesty.
20) Good Night, Gorilla – The pictures do most of the story telling in this delightful book. If your child loves animals, they are sure to enjoy this book too.
21) Rain! – Teach your child that perspective is everything and a simple act of kindness can change someone’s day.
22) Corduroy – A sweet tale of a teddy bear and his adventure in a department store.
23) The Pout-Pout Fish – Just because you’re sad, doesn’t mean you have to stay feeling that way.
24) The Spooky Old Tree – This was one of my favorites as a child. It’s fun to predict what happens next and great for memorization skills.
25) The Day the Crayons Quit – A cute book about crayons that have had enough and an opportunity to talk with your child about the important role we all have as individuals.
What books would you add to the list?
FREE Copywork from Matthew 7 & the Golden Rule
The words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount are full of truth and wisdom that is vital to hide in
FREE Resources for Doing Science Labs at Home
Science is ones of those subjects that you either love or hate. Many of us remember the days of publ
FREE Capitals of the World Alphabet Tracing Pages
Help your young students become aware of world geography while they practice tracing the alphabet wi
Ways to Have Fun Learning About Historical Figures
Studying historical figures can be really fun for kids. These simple ways to have fun learning about
Tons of Free Dab-a-Dot Printables
Ready-set-GO! If you are in search of dab-a-dot/do-a-dot printables you will want to check out this
Free Number Practice Worksheets (Instant Download)
Once we begin homeschooling a young learner, we see that learning numbers is so much more than memor
Easy DIY Gifts That Your Friends & Family Will Love
Are you looking for an easy DIY gift for friends and family this holiday season? Check out this post