If you homeschool your teens and tweens, you don’t want to ignore this post. If you are a gaming, Bible-loving family, this game needs to be on the SHORT LIST for Christmas this year.
- While the gameplay isn’t for young kids, once you play a few times, it flows much more smoothly for those of us who are slower to catch on. Ahem..
- I feel like it’s basically Catan meets Scripture. Since we LOVE Catan, it was a perfect fit for our family.
- As an eclectic-Classical homeschool family, we are big fans of knowing our timeline and geography. Both my daughter and I felt that it did a phenomenal job of bringing our studies to life. It gave us the full perspective of how these events connect and interrelate over time.
- It also helped deepen Biblical understanding by cementing the sequences of popular Bible stories AND helping us understand the geographical challenges.
- It’s not an eternal game. It took us just under an hour to play the first time and less the second once we had the hang of it.
- It is slow to get into because you have so much to consider. However, the second time around, we jumped right in!
- In our home, it’s meant for teens and older. I REALLY wanted my tween to be able to play. She isn’t inclined to like history or geography and I was hoping this would help some information click or become more interesting. But she just cant hang. Maybe in a few years…
1. CLICK HERE to shop on Amazon for Portals & Prophets.
2. Add to cart.
3. At checkout, enter HOMESCHOOL30 in the “Payment Method” area under “Gift Card or Promotional Code.”
4. Click APPLY.
5. Your total should reduce by $11.99.
6. Item qualifies for FREE shipping with Amazon Prime!
***Coupon Code expires on 11/23/18 at midnight!
Erin is a joy-chasing homeschool mama to 4 babies, ages 13 down to 1. She married her grade-school sweetheart 15 years ago, and lives to love him well. Her abiding love for Jesus Christ, and her heart to encourage other women toward him dictates her days. Her tag line is: Jesus in. Joy out. Erin writes about homeschooling, taking hard moments captive for Christ, and loving her family well at Life, Abundantly.
FREE Reading Logs, Bookmarks and Charts
Do you have a child that struggles with reading and could use some encouragement? Three of my four c
How to Celebrate a Christ-Centered Easter as a Family
This world is so dry when it comes to celebrating Easter. It becomes an occasion where there’s
FREE Spring Vocabulary Cards
Exposing children to new vocabulary is so important. And, adding seasonal vocabulary to writing cent
Butterfly Counting Jar Mat
Spring is a perfect time to add a seasonal element to math centers. Try this free butterfly counting
FREE Gardening Ideas for Kids – Printable 3-Part Cards
In this post, there will be an awesome set of Gardening Ideas for Kids using Printable 3-Part Cards!
Beyond The Textbook: Teaching Life Skills in Your Homeschool
Teaching & Learning Life Skills Teaching life skills in your homeschool can be fun, and it can
FREE Printable Wonderfully Made Lapbook for Kids
Boy, is it hard for me to remind myself that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Let’s remind o