If you homeschool your teens and tweens, you don’t want to ignore this post. If you are a gaming, Bible-loving family, this game needs to be on the SHORT LIST for Christmas this year.
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free product in return for my honest review. I was not financially compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way.
- While the gameplay isn’t for young kids, once you play a few times, it flows much more smoothly for those of us who are slower to catch on. Ahem..
- I feel like it’s basically Catan meets Scripture. Since we LOVE Catan, it was a perfect fit for our family.
- As an eclectic-Classical homeschool family, we are big fans of knowing our timeline and geography. Both my daughter and I felt that it did a phenomenal job of bringing our studies to life. It gave us the full perspective of how these events connect and interrelate over time.
- It also helped deepen Biblical understanding by cementing the sequences of popular Bible stories AND helping us understand the geographical challenges.
- It’s not an eternal game. It took us just under an hour to play the first time and less the second once we had the hang of it.
- It is slow to get into because you have so much to consider. However, the second time around, we jumped right in!
- In our home, it’s meant for teens and older. I REALLY wanted my tween to be able to play. She isn’t inclined to like history or geography and I was hoping this would help some information click or become more interesting. But she just cant hang. Maybe in a few years…
1. CLICK HERE to shop on Amazon for Portals & Prophets.
2. Add to cart.
3. At checkout, enter HOMESCHOOL30 in the “Payment Method” area under “Gift Card or Promotional Code.”
4. Click APPLY.
5. Your total should reduce by $11.99.
6. Item qualifies for FREE shipping with Amazon Prime!
***Coupon Code expires on 11/23/18 at midnight!
Erin is a joy-chasing homeschool mama to 4 babies, ages 13 down to 1. She married her grade-school sweetheart 15 years ago, and lives to love him well. Her abiding love for Jesus Christ, and her heart to encourage other women toward him dictates her days. Her tag line is: Jesus in. Joy out. Erin writes about homeschooling, taking hard moments captive for Christ, and loving her family well at Life, Abundantly.
Boredom Box Ideas & Activities
I like finding new and exciting things to keep my children busy, to help prevent boredom. When bored
FREE Scripture Inspired Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt
Celebrate Winter! Scripture Inspired Photo Scavenger Hunt Cabin fever is real, people! Going on a w
FREE Printable Math Formula Cheat Sheets
Quick - what's the formula for finding the area of a rectangle? How about the circumference of a cir
FREE Imaginative Drawing Prompts
Do you have a young student who loves to draw but hates to write? What about one who loves to write
10 Government Websites You Can Use in Your Homeschool
Why we never really think about using government resources for our homeschool, I don’t quite know.
How to Help Your Child Practice Common Sense
Oh boy! Sometimes we think common sense is something we either have or don’t have. Thankfully, as
FREE Endangered Animals Cheat Sheets
Are your kids ready to explore hidden corners of the world where strange and exotic creatures live?