I have been homeschooling for around 15 years now. There are certain things I look for in curriculum that can be difficult to find. I tend to be picky and know exactly what I want to use. My husband says I am just “selective” about many things. :-)
I hunt for easy-to-use curriculum that you can open and go. I don’t want to read pages and pages of instructions that I cannot understand or read a script to my daughter that will bore her to tears. Finding an open and go homeschooling curriculum that encourages independent study and doesn’t need a teacher’s guide is like striking gold for a homeschool mom. Let me show you some resources that fit the bill!
My idea of a perfect curriculum:
- My daughter doesn’t dread it.
- I don’t have to hold her hand.
- She knows exactly what to do and can do it independently.
- It’s a resource that you can just open and go.
- It does NOT need a teacher’s guide!
- It’s short, sweet, and effective with no busy work.
- It needs to be affordable! I don’t want to break the bank on a single subject.
A few years ago I was looking for a vocabulary and spelling curriculum that fit the bill, but couldn’t find something that checked off all my boxes. I wanted my daughter to have an advanced vocabulary, enjoy learning new words, and also learn how to spell them as well as use a dictionary and thesaurus.
….and to be able to accomplish this on her own! That was asking a lot.
That’s when Daily Skill Building: Vocabulary was born. I wrote it because I wanted to use it. After using it for the past two years I decided it was time to update it to make it even better.
Scroll down to learn more and see what has changed PLUS grab an exclusive coupon code (limited time only)!
This curriculum is everything you (and your student) could hope for!
- Simple to use and encourages independent study.
- Not overwhelming with extra worksheets or busywork.
- One vocabulary sheet per day with built-in review for word retention.
- Students will learn new words as well as synonyms and antonyms to help expand their vocabulary (even if they know what a word means already!).
- Super easy for you to look over and check for accuracy – no teacher’s guide needed!
- Nothing extra required to get started. Each volume includes a glossary and you can utilize dictionary.com and thesaurus.com for free!
- To make printing more affordable, all curriculum pages are in black and white only.
View samples for each grade level at the links below by clicking the “view sample” button for each book. We provide a full week sample so you can try it out!
A full year of vocabulary is only $19.95 and you can grab the spelling companion for just $14.95. You can save when you buy them in a bundle for $29.99.
[button_1 text=”View%20Vocabulary” text_size=”28″ text_color=”#ffffff” text_font=”Lato;google” text_letter_spacing=”0″ subtext_panel=”N” text_shadow_panel=”N” styling_width=”17″ styling_height=”18″ styling_border_color=”#000000″ styling_border_size=”0″ styling_border_radius=”6″ styling_border_opacity=”100″ styling_gradient_start_color=”#d73d4b” styling_gradient_end_color=”#d73d4b” drop_shadow_panel=”N” inset_shadow_panel=”N” align=”center” href=”https://dailyskillbuilding.com/product-category/daily-skill-building-vocabulary//”/]
[button_1 text=”View%20Spelling” text_size=”28″ text_color=”#ffffff” text_font=”Lato;google” text_letter_spacing=”0″ subtext_panel=”N” text_shadow_panel=”N” styling_width=”17″ styling_height=”18″ styling_border_color=”#000000″ styling_border_size=”0″ styling_border_radius=”6″ styling_border_opacity=”100″ styling_gradient_start_color=”#d73d4b” styling_gradient_end_color=”#d73d4b” drop_shadow_panel=”N” inset_shadow_panel=”N” align=”center” href=”https://homeschoolgiveaways.com/product-category/spelling/”/]
Daily Skill Building: Vocabulary is available for grades 1-7 and Daily Skill Building: Spelling is a companion for Vocabulary and available for grades 3-7.
Using Daily Skill Building: Vocabulary and Daily Skill Building: Spelling together will expand your child’s vocabulary and ability to think. Your student will learn how to spell the vocabulary words AND their corresponding antonyms and synonyms.
Daily Skill Building: Vocabulary Second Edition Updates & Additions:
- Previously a couple of the grades were combined (3 & 4 and 5 & 6), but we have added two new volumes to make it span over 7 full years, for grades 1-7.
- 1st & 2nd grades were too advanced on some of the pages and have been modified (primarily the writing assignment on the review pages).
- Since we have become fond of vocabulary cards for review, we also added those for each grade level (no extra charge!)
- The word lists have been carefully reviewed and updated for each volume. Some words have stayed the same, but others were swapped out for better word choices.
- To make printing more affordable, all curriculum pages are in black and white only. No more printing colored pages in black and white and having them look faded, or paying extra to print it in color!
Daily Skill Building: Spelling Second Edition Updates:
- Since we added two new volumes of Daily Skill Building: Vocabulary to the series, we added the Spelling Companions too.
- Daily Skill Building: Spelling for grades 6 and 7 were made a little more challenging by increasing the weekly word count from 12-20 (we had grades 5 & 6 combined previously and one for grade 7). My daughter offered me feedback and was excited to learn that next year in 6th grade it would be more challenging. Can you believe that? She was excited!
My 5th grade daughter LOVES this curriculum and your kids will too! Check out the samples above and try it for a week with your kids (we provide a full week sample!).
Carrie Fernandez is the founder of Homeschool Giveaways and owner of Daily Skill Building. She has been homeschooling for over 18 years, has two girls and works side by side at home with her awesome husband. She has been saved by grace, fails daily, but continues to strive toward the prize of the high calling of being a daughter of the Most High God.