Living During the Civil War – A Notebooking Journey will take your children on an adventure of imagining what life was like during the Civil War in the years of 1861 to 1865.
Using the book “If You Lived at the Time of the Civil War” to fill out each notebooking page and activity, children will learn about:
- What caused the Civil War
- How the Civil War started
- Why the Southern states wanted to leave the Union
- The differences in the Union and Confederate Armies
- What home life was like during the Civil War
- The differences between the North and the South
- What life was like for the soldiers
- What life was like for children
- What school was like during the Civil War
- Struggles that families went through during the Civil War
- And more!
Living During the Civil War – A Notebooking Journey is not just a bunch of blank pages with decorations; it is a fun notebooking journal that includes coloring sheets, spaces to draw illustrations, questions for research (all answers are found in “If You Lived at the Time of the Civil War“), comparison charts, 13 biography notebooking pages for famous people during the Civil War, and more.
We recommend the book If You Lived at the Time of the Civil War as a companion to this unit study. Living During the Civil War – A Notebooking Journey contains notebooking topics and questions that can be answered using the information found in the book. You may want to do further research to fill out the biography notebooking pages with more information than is included in If You Lived at the Time of the Civil War. This book is currently available via Amazon Prime for $6.99 and also easily found in local libraries.
You can also find a bunch of history resources for hands-on activities over at Homeschool in the Woods. We LOVE their products! You can use the Civil War Time Travelers, or one of their À La Carte Projects.