If you open your eyes to the messages and chaos of our culture for more than one minute, you know that your job as a Christian parent is essential. Discipling our kids through the chaos and secular worldview of our culture can be a tough job. But now there is an app that will help you safely navigate through the culture. It’s called Counter Culture Mom and it’s just what Christian parents have been needing.
Who is Counter Culture Mom
Tina Griffin is a former Hollywood actress, pop culture expert, and motivational speaker. She’s the face behind the Counter Culture Mom movement. She’s been sharing for the past twenty years how pop culture and the entertainment industry is glamorizing harmful behaviors. Yet, kids are never shown the consequences of these choices. Making wise media choices is crucial, but it’s a hard lesson to learn sometimes, especially for our teens.
Tina is also a homeschooling mom to her four kids and uses her experiences in Hollywood to speak to these current issues. Her mission is to challenge the next generation to live counter-culturally.
So she created the Counter Culture Mom.
The Counter Culture Mom Site
Her site is a treasure trove of information for moms who want to be alerted to alarming trends in the culture and entertainment that their kids might be exposed to. Staying on top of pop culture is a must if we want to raise Godly children with a Biblical worldview. And the Counter Culture Mom site will help you do just that.
You can see Tina’s appearances on podcasts and television. In addition, her blog includes articles like these that will help Christian parents:
- Family Mealtimes are Important, But Why?
- How to Overcome the Evil of the Equality Act
- Enneagram: Helpful Tool or a Distraction From God?
- 10 Truths to Teach Your Kids for Biblical Success
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Homosexuality
The Counter Culture Mom App
So in addition to her useful website, Tina also has a helpful app of the same name. The app gives regular alerts to pop culture news that you’ll want to be aware of.
Here are the main features of the Counter Culture Mom app:
- Get timely pop-culture alerts and trending news stories through our push notifications or SMS
- Know how to keep your kids safe while they stream video, surf the net, and use their smart phone apps
- Easy access to our Featured Educators platform covering topics like apologetics, parenting, marriage, social media and more
- Get many family-friendly entertainment options for your crew from movies, TV shows, video games, books, etc.
- Browse our robust Resource sector on a wide variety of topics from depression and cutting to suicide help lines
- Quick access to our blog filled with hundreds of current and archived articles covering top parenting questions
- Connect with other parents who have “been there” in our Parent Chat feature
You’ll find many featured educators you already know and trust on the app! Like Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis, Heidi St. John of The Busy Mom, and Hillary Morgan Ferrer of Mama Bear Apologetics.
Visit CounterCultureMom.com or sign up for the app and get the help you need navigating this culture and media with your kids.
Check out these related posts:
Abby is a former public school teacher, now homeschooling her five children. She’s in the trenches just like you and knows it can be challenging to be home with your kids all day while you struggle to keep up with the housework and educate your kids (and maybe even work on the side!). She blogs over at www.4onemore.com and hosts the Homeschool with Moxie podcast.
Is Gather Round Homeschool Curriculum Enough?
If you have stumbled upon this page, you may have been asking yourself "Is Gather Round enough?" I a
Recycling and Upcycling as a Family
Recycling can become a family activity. Plus, you can turn these activities into educational project
Free Resources for Teaching Geometry to Early Elementary
Introduce your homeschool students to the basic mathematics of shapes and figures with these free re
Ways You Can Bless the Moms in Your Life
Celebrating Mother’s Day with your family should be a special time to appreciate and show the moms
Tips for Teaching Kids Independent Research Skills
We should be intentional about teaching our kids how to access information on their own. Read these
Free Resources for Learning About Africa
Are your students exploring continents in your homeschool? Grab these free resources for learning ab