April Calendar of Famous People & Fun Learning Activities
For many homeschoolers, April is all about finishing well. The school year is nearly over and it’s time to head for the finish line! From final projects and presentations to needing just a few more items to meet the requirements of a ‘full-year of school’, April is blooming with excitement. As homeschoolers, it is a blessed season of acknowledging achievements and planning for next year as well. The April calendar of famous people offers exciting learning for every day of the month – let’s finish well together!
April Calendar of 44 Famous People & 21 Special Days To Celebrate
Learning about April Fool’s Day & Easter is fun for any age, but there are 44 other famous people to celebrate and 21 fun days to celebrate in April too. Your 6th-12th graders can explore literary greats, US presidents as well as modern inventors, and scientists. There’s plenty of interesting individuals to learn about for a science project, presentations, or Capstone/Sr. Thesis projects.
Get your Hello April Calendar of Famous People and Fun Activities for upper elementary through high school students at the end of this post.
What’s in the “Hello April!” Calendar of Famous People?
In April, the calendar contains 14 famous writers, poets, artists, or musicians. There are so many really good ones to explore! Included are:
- Henry Mancini – American composer and conductor (Pink Panther)
- Charlotte Brontë – English novelist (Jane Eyre),
- William Shakespeare – English poet and playwright, born in Stratford upon Avon
- J. M. W. Turner – English landscape painter
- Ella Fitzgerald – American jazz singer
- Harper Lee – American author (To Kill a Mockingbird)
- Washington Irving – American writer (Legend of Sleepy Hollow)
- Plus 6 more!
There are also 10 famous scientists, explorers, and inventors that were born in April included in the download. Your middle through high school students will enjoy learning more about, DNA, the atomic bomb, how to study birds, and chimpanzees. These make perfect mini-studies for those needing resources for a presentation or research project.
Here’s the list!
Famous scientists, explorers, and inventors included in April’s calendar:
- Jane Goodall – British ethologist (studied African chimps)
- James Watson – American molecular biologist, geneticist, and zoologist (co-discovered structure of DNA)
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel – British engineer (SS Great Britain, Great Western Railway)
- Matthew C. Perry – Commodore of the United States Navy
- Wilbur Wright – American aviator (Wright Brothers)
- John Muir – Scottish naturalist and about US National Parks.
- Plus 4 more!
Historical Figures Born in April
There are also so many well-known activists, historical figures, and US presidents that a day won’t go by without something interesting to learn about. There is a nice variety across the various ages and stages of history, making it easy to find an interesting topic no matter what your focus is this month. You’ll find a total of 16 to choose from!
- Otto von Bismarck – German chancellor who helped unify Germany.
- Charlemagne – the 1st Holy Roman emperor.
- Henry IV of England – King of England and Lord of Ireland
- Juan Ponce de León – Spanish explorer and conquistador
- James V, King of Scotland – king born in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland
- Guy Fawkes – English Catholic conspirator who was convicted in the “Gunpowder Plot” to blow up the British Parliament
- Thomas Jefferson – 3rd President of the United States
- Catherine the Great – the Empress of Russia
- Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor (Queen Elizabeth II) – Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.
- Plus 6 more!
If your upper-grade homeschoolers are looking for resources for a really unique study or report, the “Hello April!” Famous People Calendar has over 40 well-known people included. These create the perfect opportunity to spice up a boring presentation or clear out the spring fever cobwebs.
Fun Activities Included in Your Calendar
Don’t miss out on celebrating a few of these special days too. In total, there are 21 days to celebrate something fun or honor a memorable moment in history.
- April Fools’ Day
- One Cent Day
- Autism Day
- Good Friday
- Ferret Day
- Tweed Day
- Tartan Day
- Zoo Lover’s Day
- Siblings Day
- Cheese Fondue Day
- Plus 10 more!
To make it as ‘open and go’ as possible, the April calendar includes links to notebooking pages, as well as music and literature suggestions. It is chock full of video resources from exciting museums as well as the resources to help you learn about famous Americans and the states they call home.
Have fun in April celebrating the well-known holidays and some of the famous people born this month. Everything you need is in the April Calendar of Famous People & Fun Activities.
Free for a limited time! At check out, use code: HELLOAPRIL
Shannan is a wife, mum, and saved by grace child of The King. Her home base is in Scotland, where she homeschools her two kids (ages 12 & 15) and learns on location throughout Europe as much as possible. She is a classical/Charlotte Mason style home educator living out her God-breathed dream of raising her family in Europe. She’s passionate about many things, especially helping others learn on location using the world as their classroom. She encourages you to pursue your God-breathed dream, no matter what it is! You can join her at Captivating Compass for homeschool and family travel inspiration.
How to Choose the Right Pet for Your Family
Discovering how to choose the right pet for your family hasn’t been the easiest task for some fami
Free Resources for Studying Degas
Is your family working through some artist studies this year? If so, these free resources for studyi
FREE Learning About Shapes Activity
Learning about shapes is fun as a kid - and once you learn what they are, you can spot them everywhe
FREE Identifying Animal Tracks Unit Study
Springtime is the perfect time for an animal tracks unity study. Most animals have started coming ou
Free Brain Teasers and Logic Puzzles
If you would like to start increasing and improving your child’s critical thinking skills, these f
Free Printables and Worksheets for Learning About Europe
Grab these free printables and worksheets for learning about Europe, the second smallest continent o
Anzac Day Activities
Every year, on the 25th April, Australia and New Zealand hold a national day of remembrance known as