I’m not one for mushy. I love my family, and especially my husband ;), but Valentine’s Day has never been a significant holiday on my radar. However, I’ve become keenly aware over the last few years that homeschooling in February is just HARD.
- Rain. Rain. Rain. (or Snow. Snow. Snow.)
- Cloudiness even when it’s not raining.
- It’s dark already at 5:30 pm.
- And in Alabama, while we don’t face snow, we tend to have some pretty severe weather due to the constant, drastic shift in temperatures.
Historically, February can be a really challenging time for almost all homeschoolers, once cabin fever has set in. So rather than just ignore Valentine’s (aside from some candy and flowers) this year, I’ve decided to make a whole THING out of it! If we have the opportunity to take dark, cold, dreary days indoors and make them joy-filled and festive with activities, crafts, and hopefully some treats, why shouldn’t we!?!
In order to make this happen for us all, I have TWO FREEBIES for you PLUS another awesome thing that isn’t free but is an insane value:
1- Over at my blog, I’ve created a Valentine’s Fun Pack that has all of these goodies:
- TWO Memory Statement Cards (scripture and catechism)
- A Valentine book list!
- Copywork of 1 John 4:19
- A #14 Morning Binder Page
- Pretty scripture printable for your morning menu or fridge
- A fun Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt!
- Great for kids ages 2-6 years
2- In addition to THAT, my friend Meghann at Rooted Childhood has shared an ADORABLE Valentine’s Day Story Pack, totally for free as well. All you have to do is go to the link I’ll share below, enter your email to grab my Valentine’s Fun Pack, and I’ll send you access over to Meghann’s freebie as well!
3- Now the last thing that takes this from a day or two of fun with those freebies to a full week of recipes, handicrafts, games, stories, and activities is the brand new Valentine’s Collection from Rooted Childhood (for ages K4-6th grade). I’m so excited I was able to contribute a fun handicraft that I did with my boys (who are 4 and 5) to it! This JUST became available for pre-order (and will be $14 through Sunday 01/31/29) then change to $19 on 02/01/21, but you can use my code GCP10 the entire time to save 10% off!
Here’s how to claim any of those treasures you’re excited about:
- Head to Life, Abundantly HERE, and enter your email on that page. I’ll email you the Valentine’s Fun Pack (FREE) and access to the Valentine’s Day Story Pack (FREE) from Rooted Childhood in that same email.
- If you’re interested in the brand-new, 50-page Rooted Childhood Valentine’s Collection, you can find that HERE (don’t forget code GCP10 to save 10%!)
Erin is a joy-chasing homeschool mama to 4 babies, ages 16 down to 3. She married her grade-school sweetheart 18 years ago, and lives to love him well. Her abiding love for Jesus Christ, and her heart to encourage other women toward him dictates her days. Erin has authored 3 complete homeschool programs which were voted the #1 Preschool Program and #2 All-in-One Program by readers at Homeschool.com. She is also a contributing author for HSLDA. Learn more about her programs at GentleClassical.com and LifeAbundantlyblog.com