The beginning of the year is always a time to reflect on the previous 12 months and for setting intentions and resolutions for the year to come. Here is a list of 21 things you can do to empower yourself, explore new things, and live your best life in 2021!
- Take time away from technology. Aim to spend at least 30 minutes a day without technology and reconnect with your inner self.
- Schedule a monthly self-care ritual. Whether it’s a monthly massage, yoga, or trip to a sauna, be sure to indulge in self-care once a month. There is no better way to take care of others than taking care of yourself first.
- Learn something new each month. Start by making a list of all the topics you want to learn. Explore tutorial videos, online classes, or local groups to help you on your journey of knowledge.
- Volunteer. Find a cause that speaks to you or your homeschooling family and get involved.
- Organize or declutter. Whether you spend 15 minutes a day or a few hours a month, take the time to clear the clutter. Having an organized house means spending less time cleaning and more time relaxing.
- Try a new recipe. Pick up a cookbook and find an intriguing recipe to prepare each month. Take it a step further and use new ingredients every month.
- Take the stairs. Add extra steps to your day and improve your cardiovascular system by opting for the stairs rather than an elevator.
- Learn to relax. Simply sit comfortable with your eyes closed to allow thoughts to waft through you mind and breathe deeply to help alleviate any anxiety and stress.
- Start a gratitude journal. Each day write down at least three things for which you are grateful. It can be about people, things, or even an experience.
- Get moving. Set daily goals for your body. Whether you aim for 10,000 steps a day or exercising for an allotted time, improve your overall well-being by establishing healthy habits.
- Take a DNA test. Use a direct-to-consumer test to discover your heritage.
- Get more sleep. While sleeping for 8 hours a day is recommended, aim for sufficient and quality sleep on a regular schedule each night.
- Read more. Most people intend on more every year. Regardless of how much more really is, set a daily, weekly, or monthly goal to gain knowledge, improve memory, and expand your vocabulary.
- Explore the outdoors. Spending time outside can have significant health benefits. Aim to spend time in natural environments throughout the week. This could mean taking advantage of hiking trails, swimming, or just visiting the local park.
- Take a weekend road trip. The spontaneity of a road trip is intriguing to most, but they don’t have to happen at the last minute. Plan a weekend getaway without having to fly to your destination.
- Make greener choices. Focus on being environmentally friendly this year by recycling, reducing your consumption of single-use plastics, conserving water, and supporting better brands.
- Plant a garden. Grow your own fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs in your back yard and enjoy safer, great-tasting food.
- Reconnect with a friend. Reconnecting doesn’t require a commitment to being best friends. You can brighten someone’s day with just a quick phone call or note saying the person was on your mind.
- Eat breakfast. Give yourself a boost of energy with a morning meal. Whether it’s a quick fix or a nourishing meal, take the time to relax with your favorite foods every morning.
- Drink water. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and in regular intervals throughout your day.
- Save money. Put money away to help protect you in the event of financial emergencies, avoid debt, reduce financial stress, and pay for large purchases.
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, support services, and an accredited online academy. Visit Alpha Omega Publications online or call 800-622-3070 to learn more.
Fun and Easy Earth Day Crafts
Earth Day is a worldwide celebration that started in 1970. It is celebrated around the world to help
FREEE Color by Number Printables
Color by number printables are very beneficial to children. They are also a lot of fun when your chi
Fun Ways to Teach Number Recognition (Plus FREEBIE)
There are many fun ways to teach number recognition. If you think about your early elementary years,
Simple Tips for Living on One Income - How to Budget and Pla
Having two incomes in the home is a great thing, but sometimes it is just not possible, especially f
Comparing CTCMath & Teaching Textbooks
For going on six years now, we have outsourced our math lessons - it was the best homeschool d
Free Ways To Learn About Electricians
These free ways to learn about electricians will help your kids appreciate and learn all about elect
8 Electives to Take Your Student from Online to Anywhere
Electives help students discover themselves and the world around them. While core subjects provide s