The beginning of the year is always a time to reflect on the previous 12 months and for setting intentions and resolutions for the year to come. Here is a list of 21 things you can do to empower yourself, explore new things, and live your best life in 2021!
- Take time away from technology. Aim to spend at least 30 minutes a day without technology and reconnect with your inner self.
- Schedule a monthly self-care ritual. Whether it’s a monthly massage, yoga, or trip to a sauna, be sure to indulge in self-care once a month. There is no better way to take care of others than taking care of yourself first.
- Learn something new each month. Start by making a list of all the topics you want to learn. Explore tutorial videos, online classes, or local groups to help you on your journey of knowledge.
- Volunteer. Find a cause that speaks to you or your homeschooling family and get involved.
- Organize or declutter. Whether you spend 15 minutes a day or a few hours a month, take the time to clear the clutter. Having an organized house means spending less time cleaning and more time relaxing.
- Try a new recipe. Pick up a cookbook and find an intriguing recipe to prepare each month. Take it a step further and use new ingredients every month.
- Take the stairs. Add extra steps to your day and improve your cardiovascular system by opting for the stairs rather than an elevator.
- Learn to relax. Simply sit comfortable with your eyes closed to allow thoughts to waft through you mind and breathe deeply to help alleviate any anxiety and stress.
- Start a gratitude journal. Each day write down at least three things for which you are grateful. It can be about people, things, or even an experience.
- Get moving. Set daily goals for your body. Whether you aim for 10,000 steps a day or exercising for an allotted time, improve your overall well-being by establishing healthy habits.
- Take a DNA test. Use a direct-to-consumer test to discover your heritage.
- Get more sleep. While sleeping for 8 hours a day is recommended, aim for sufficient and quality sleep on a regular schedule each night.
- Read more. Most people intend on more every year. Regardless of how much more really is, set a daily, weekly, or monthly goal to gain knowledge, improve memory, and expand your vocabulary.
- Explore the outdoors. Spending time outside can have significant health benefits. Aim to spend time in natural environments throughout the week. This could mean taking advantage of hiking trails, swimming, or just visiting the local park.
- Take a weekend road trip. The spontaneity of a road trip is intriguing to most, but they don’t have to happen at the last minute. Plan a weekend getaway without having to fly to your destination.
- Make greener choices. Focus on being environmentally friendly this year by recycling, reducing your consumption of single-use plastics, conserving water, and supporting better brands.
- Plant a garden. Grow your own fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs in your back yard and enjoy safer, great-tasting food.
- Reconnect with a friend. Reconnecting doesn’t require a commitment to being best friends. You can brighten someone’s day with just a quick phone call or note saying the person was on your mind.
- Eat breakfast. Give yourself a boost of energy with a morning meal. Whether it’s a quick fix or a nourishing meal, take the time to relax with your favorite foods every morning.
- Drink water. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning and in regular intervals throughout your day.
- Save money. Put money away to help protect you in the event of financial emergencies, avoid debt, reduce financial stress, and pay for large purchases.
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, support services, and an accredited online academy. Visit Alpha Omega Publications online or call 800-622-3070 to learn more.
Valentine's Day Countdown Free Printable
Kids are often excited by special occasions and events. We have a great opportunity to invest in
Easy Homeschool Transcripts and 4 More High School How Tos
Are you considering the monumental task of teaching a high school student at home? Maybe you are alr
FREE Cities Around the World Notebook
What is it about cities that leads millions to call them home and attracts millions more as tourists
How to Teach Toddlers About Gardening
Toddlers love to learn about the world around them. Kids this age are naturally full of curiosity an
FREE Types of Government Cheat Sheets
It can be tricky to keep track of what types of governments different countries have. From authorita
Homeschooling with Hamilton
My daughters absolutely love musicals, and singing, and dancing. We hear a lot of soundtracks in our
FREE Community Helpers Guided Drawing
Everyone is part of some kind of a community. Whether we live in small towns or big cities, virtuall