Thanks to Sonlight’s 2020 Read for Missions Fall Read-A-Thon, your kids can raise money for missions simply by reading great books! There’s no need to don a mask, load up the van, or get a passport. You can make a difference at home by doing something you are probably already doing anyway… reading!
If your kids aren’t independent readers yet, they can still participate because listening to books read aloud to them counts too! See Sonlight’s suggested booklist for uplifting biographies, Bible stories, and fiction with godly themes of redemption.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH THE SONLIGHT READ-A-THON
1. Sign up to support the Christian ministry of your choice:
- Far East Broadcasting Company: FEBC communicates the Good News among the nations by media… until every man, woman, and child has heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Mission India: MI believes that every man, woman, and child should have the opportunity to hear the name of Jesus. In India, 400 million people never have.
- Pioneers: Pioneers empowers gospel-driven Christians to go to the ends of the earth in relentless pursuit of the unreached.
- Seed Company: Seed Company accelerates Scripture translation to impact the lives and communities of people without God’s Word. Millions don’t have a single Bible vers in their language. You can change that!
2. Then set a reading goal of so many books or so many pages.
3. Keep track of your reading and recruit sponsors using the FREE PRINTABLE TOOLKIT Sonlight sends you after signing up. You’ll get record-keeping forms and fundraising templates.
SONLIGHT’S MATCHING GRANT DOUBLES YOUR FUNDRAISING
The most amazing part of this 2020 Read for Missions project is that Sonlight will match any funds you raise up to $200,000! The Read-A-Thon happens September 14 – October 16, 2020, so sign up today and start raising money for missions.
See a short introduction to this project with John and Sarita Holzmann, the founders of Sonlight.
Raise Even More Simply by Sharing
Share your participation in Sonlight’s Read for Missions Read-A-Thon on your favorite social media channels! For every tweet, post, or snap that uses both #sonlightstories and #sonlightreadathon, Sonlight will donate $1 towards the overall goal of $200,000 for missions!
Sonlight is a complete, literature-based, Christian homeschool curriculum with every subject for students from Preschool through high school. Our curriculum uses a variety of materials to deliver an engaging and complete education that extends beyond textbooks and memorization: literary fiction and nonfiction, biographies, illustrations, and hands-on experiments. These resources come with thorough lesson plans and notes, so that you can enjoy successful homeschooling. Customers who buy from Sonlight enjoy a liberal arts education that produces critical thinkers who are ambassadors for Christ with a heart for the world. Visit us online and request a FREE catalog today!
FREE Printables All About the Garden
Our family has been gardening for over 15 years now. It is a family affair, and we all work hard tog
Free Resources for Studying Alcott and Hawthorne & Their Wor
In the mid 19th century, a little town in Massachusetts produced literary geniuses including Louisa
Free Printables About the World's Smartest Animals
The intelligence of some animals amazes the human. If your kids love animals then they will enjoy le
How to Foster a Love of Learning
Learning how to foster a love of learning in our homeschools can be a difficult task. Yet, it is a h
Get the Best Deals on Toys with Toycycle
What if you could buy clean, quality second-hand toys and baby gear in order to save money? Would yo
FREE Comic Book Templates for National Comic Book Day
Do your kids enjoy reading comic books? Mine aren't really into them, but they love the characters.
Free Printables and Worksheets for Learning Letters and Lett
I love the preschool age group. They are so full of energy and life though that it can be hard to ge