With all the uncertainty and changes in the world right now, many companies are stepping up and making their services free for a limited time to help families. For a limited time, you can get FREE Audio Lessons on a Variety of Subjects from Listenwise. Scroll down for instructions and how to make the most out of this opportunity.
Parents, please note that as with any platform, we cannot review or endorse every piece of material available. Please use discretion regarding which lessons are appropriate for you family and your worldview.
How It Works:
As a parent, you can choose specific lessons for your student and create a class for them to work through. Or, you or your student can simply browse the collection by subject. Audio lessons are divided into three categories:
- Social Studies
- English Language Arts
Let’s explore the lesson on “War of the Worlds” to look at the lesson elements.
- Audio – the audio lessons range in length but are generally just a few minutes long. They serve as a springboard to launch into further study and as a way to whet your student’s appetite for more information.
- Story Transcript – this is a word-for-word transcription of the audio. This can be a great tool for students to read along with the story, increasing reading skills and helping with listening comprehension.
- Assignment Resources – this is the heart of the lesson. First, you’ll find listening comprehension questions students can write answers to in a notebook. For the “War of the Worlds,” there are five questions directly related to the audio students have just listened to. Next are discussion themes, which can be used as essay assignments. These challenge students to think about what they’ve learned and share their own thoughts and opinions. There are also key vocabulary words that students can copy into a notebook.
- Teacher’s Guide – this provides additional tips that you can use if you choose.
- Quiz – if you want to use the quiz, you’ll need to set the lesson up as an assignment first by choosing the “Create Assignment” option.
As mentioned above, parents can create entire classes and assignments for their students if they choose, but these lessons stand alone quite well by using just the options highlighted above.
Let’s Get Started
In order to get access to these FREE Audio Lessons on a Variety of Subjects, go to this special offer page on Listenwise and follow the directions there. You will receive FREE Premium access for 90 days. Now you can log in and start exploring.
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
Ways to Convince Your Child They Need to Learn Material That
It's easier for kids in public schools not to question what they are learning. Schools have requirem
FREE Life Science STEM Projects
Life science is my favorite type of science. We can teach our kids about the science of life in a fu
Free Resources About Animals in Extreme Environments
This world has some pretty extreme environments. We can’t help but wonder how living things can ev
Books for Teen Entrepreneurs
Part of the process of starting a business is education. Teens who hope to dive into entrepreneurshi
FREE Science Workbook + Video Course Giveaway
If you ask a group of homeschooling moms which subject they'd like to have taught to their children
Homeschool Resources for Virtual Field Trips
FREE Virtual Field Trip Journaling & Notebooking Pack For Your Homeschool Like any good field t