Could you use 2,000 FREE ebooks for your homeschool? I’m guessing the answer is “yes,” and that’s why I’m excited to share with you LIMITED TIME FREE access to the entire Crabtree Publishing eLibrary! This library has 2,000 FREE PreK–9 Curriculum Resources for Nonfiction and Fiction. Are you ready to take a tour?
Crabtree Publishing is the publisher of thousands of children’s books, including a number by popular children’s author Bobbie Kalman. They are making their eLibrary of 2,000 FREE PreK–9 Curriculum Resources for Nonfiction and Fiction available to everyone until June 30, 2020. You’ll find instructions on how to get access at the end of this post.
Please note, it would be impossible to review the content in every book in the eLibrary or every title mentioned below, so please use your discretion and be aware of potential worldview conflicts or evolutionary references.
When you first log in to the eLibrary, you’ll find a search menu that works well if you know what you are looking for. However, the search only searches the titles of the ebooks. A better way we found to get acquainted with what the eLibrary has to offer is to go to the order form for ebooks. You do NOT have to order the books. This is just the most compact index of titles we found on the site.
Once you bring up the form, you can find the books arranged by series. Since they have so many titles to pick from, we’ve highlighted a few subject areas and titles for you below. Find the series name and the book title you want and then enter a keyword from the title in the search menu in the eLibrary.
- All Around the U.S. – this series of books looks at the United States one region at a time. It looks at the history, people, and geography of the states in each of the nation’s regions and even includes helpful timelines.
- All Over the Map – this series of books looks at map parts, map types, how to draw and read maps, physical maps, political maps, and more.
- Destination Middle Ages – this entire series is dedicated to the Middle Ages. Kids can learn about medieval warfare, life at court, life as a peasant, and much more.
- Documenting the War of 1812 – this series covers famous people, major battles, the legacy of the war, and more.
- Crabtree Visual Dictionaries – this is one of my favorite series by Bobbie Kalman! It explores life in colonial communities, the Old West, a pioneer community, Native American communities, Christmases of the past, and Victorian life. With so many terms illustrated, these are indispensable helps for bringing history to life.
Social Studies, Civics, and Economics:
- From Olden Days to Modern Ways in Your Community – this “then and now” series is another winner by Bobbie Kalman. It looks at how many aspects of our everyday lives have changed over the years. It looks at how toys, travel, food, farming, the jobs of our community helpers, and much more have changed over time.
- Your Guide to Government – this series looks at elections, how laws are passed, the levels of government, the roles of each government branch, and more. It also includes a book on Canadian government.
- Economics in Action – this series gives you easy ways to talk to your kids about matters related to money and income such as taxes, supply and demand, trade, imports and exports, mortgages, loans, credit, and more.
- Engineering Close-Up – this series of books highlights how we use what engineers have made in our everyday lives, how engineers build models and solve problems, and more.
- Engineering Design and Technology – this series of books looks at ways engineering and technology is changing the future. There are books on robotics, deep sea exploration, biotechnology, audio engineering, chemical engineering, and more.
There are many other subject areas covered in the eLibrary such as science, health, reading, math, careers, and more. Some titles are also available in Spanish.
How to Access
To access these FREE ebooks, go to Crabtree Publishing Company. Follow the directions at the top of the page to sign in and start reading!
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
FREE Cities Around the World Notebook
What is it about cities that leads millions to call them home and attracts millions more as tourists
How to Teach Toddlers About Gardening
Toddlers love to learn about the world around them. Kids this age are naturally full of curiosity an
FREE Types of Government Cheat Sheets
It can be tricky to keep track of what types of governments different countries have. From authorita
Homeschooling with Hamilton
My daughters absolutely love musicals, and singing, and dancing. We hear a lot of soundtracks in our
FREE Community Helpers Guided Drawing
Everyone is part of some kind of a community. Whether we live in small towns or big cities, virtuall
Homeschooling Curriculum Acronyms and Abbreviations
Are you new to homeschooling? Are you overwhelmed by some of the acronyms and abbreviations you are
5 Ideas for Celebrating Valentine's Day in Your Homeschool
As homeschoolers we can make anything a lesson, even through celebrating Valentine’s Day. Whether