Studying the 1940s and World War 2 is not a small task. The amount of history available on the subject is vast. This FREE Modern History Activities & Notebooking: 1940s unit focuses on five key events in the war to help launch your students into a deeper study.
This post is part of the Modern History Activities & Notebooking Series
This FREE Modern History Activities & Notebooking: 1940s unit includes puzzles and text students can solve and read to help them learn more about:
- the Dunkirk evacuation (1940)
- the attack on Pearl Harbor (1941)
- Executive Order 9066 and the internment of Japanese Americans (1942)
- the Normandy Invasion (1944)
- the end of World War 2 (1945)
The activities for the topics include fill-in puzzles with word banks and decoding puzzles. Each puzzle is followed by notebooking questions to prompt your students to dig deeper into the events they’ve learned about, such as what was happening between the U.S., China, and Japan before the attack on Pearl Harbor, what happened on the various beaches of Normandy, what events led to the end of the war, and more.
A crossword puzzle at the end reviews the five events covered, and an answer key is provided.
It’s the perfect way to introduce a large topic to your students in manageable pieces. Scroll down and get your FREE Modern History Activities & Notebooking: 1940s unit.
You might also enjoy these FREE resources on World War 2 and historic wars around the world.
- Wars & Military YouTube Channels for Kids
- FREE History of Wars Cheat Sheets
- World War II Copywork-President Roosevelt’s Speech to Congress, December 8, 1941
- Leaders of World War II Essay Questions
- 8 World War II Historical Fiction Books for Middle School
- World War II: This Day in History ~ D-Day June 6, 1944 – FREE Printables & Resources
Need more modern history?
Save 20% on the A Look Back at Modern History series with coupon MODERN20. This fun set challenges students to learn about hundreds of modern events and organize them chronologically. Check it out!
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.