The Great Depression caused upheaval for the entire nation, and some of the ripples can still be felt today. Help your kids learn more about this time in United States history with this FREE President Roosevelt Agencies Notebooking Journal.
This post is part of the History Notebooking Research Journals Series
One of President Roosevelt’s responses to the Great Depression was to create dozens of new agencies, each tasked with tackling a different part of the economic crisis. While his decisions were full of many pros and cons, this is an important time in history to learn about. This FREE President Roosevelt Agencies Notebooking Journal helps kids research 40 of the agencies President Roosevelt created.
They can learn about:
- the common acronym used to refer to each agency
- when each was established and if it was established by a specific Act
- who the first head of each agency was
- when each ended operations (or if any still exist)
- what the primary goals were for each agency
- some of the specific tasks each accomplished
- other interesting facts and more
This is a great way to help kids discover forgotten corners of history! A few of the agencies they’ll learn about include the:
- Civil Aeronautics Authority
- Civilian Conservation Corps
- Farm Security Administration
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Maritime Labor Board
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Social Security Board
Scroll down and get your FREE instant download today!
Here are some more Great Depression resources we don’t want you to miss!
- FREE Great Depression Unit Study
- Great Depression Unit Studies and FREE Printables
- WW1 and Great Depression Movies for Middle and High School
Would you like to go deeper into your study of the Great Depression?
The Great Depression: Discovering American History, Level 4 unit is a bite-sized look at the Great Depression for older elementary students. It focuses on history and explains some of the causes and effects of the Great Depression as well as what life was like during the depression for many people.
It includes a timeline project with 50 events from American and world history as well as 10 reading comprehension questions and an answer key.
As a Homeschool Giveaways & Freebies reader, you can save 20% with coupon code HSGDISCOVER20. Save on the Great Depression Coloring Book and the Reporting from the Great Depression writing unit with the same coupon!
Coupon cannot be combined with any other offers.
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.