This colorful craft from AOP is perfect for snowy afternoons. Using everyday supplies around the house, your little one can create a crystal masterpiece.
Card stock or watercolor paper
Watercolors or food coloring
1. Select a wintery picture to draw. Keep the drawing simple without too many details. To make things easier, you can use our painted salt template.
2. Trace the lines of the drawing with glue. You can leave some of the smaller details on the picture not covered in glue. If the details are too small, they will get blurred during the glue-salt steps.
3. Cover your picture with salt, emphasizing the lines of glue. To make clean up easier, place the drawing in a cooking sheet covered with tin foil so you can catch the falling salt.
4. Tip the drawing so that all excess salt falls off. Do not shake too hard or you will lose more than you want!
Hint: You may want to switch between steps 2-4 if your child is taking a while with the glue. Put glue in one section of the painting, switch to salt, and then continue with the gluing. You do not want the glue to dry before putting on the salt.
5. Use the watercolors or food coloring to paint the salt. If using food coloring, you only need a tiny dot of color in a very small cup of water. If using watercolors, you also want to use more water than color. If the color is too concentrated, it can look black on the salt.
6. Let the glue dry completely before hanging your finished work of art.
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, support services, and an accredited online academy. Visit Alpha Omega Publications online or call 800-622-3070 to learn more.
FREE Hymns Music Study Activity Pack
Hymns are some of the most beautiful music in existence because they are ways we can praise God. Thi
5 Engineering Projects Teens Can Do at Home
You can inspire innovation in your teens with these STEM projects. Best of all, these engineering pr
FREE Resources and Worksheets About Animal Migration
Are your children fascinated with animals and animal behavior? When we were learning about animals,
5 Ways to Incorporate Nature Into Your Homeschool + FREE Nat
Spring is on the way, which means lots of chances to incorporate nature into your homeschool studies
Creative Writing Activities for Kids
Writing activities can be used as part of your school or homeschool curriculum to improve and streng
FREE Gospels Copywork-John 14
John 14 is one of my favorite chapters in the entire Bible. The love and warmth that flows from Jesu
Resources for Learning About Thailand
Years ago, my children enjoyed Muay Thai training, the national sport of Thailand. Check out these r