Have fun with this Nature Study with Trees and Leaves that lets you draw, label, color, and more! Upper elementary and middle school students can learn about seeds, plants, leaves, flowers, and more with this 30-page unit.
The first part of the unit focuses on seeds. Students will:
- learn and label the parts of a seed
- learn about and illustrate methods of seed dispersal
The second part of the unit focuses on plants, leaves, and flowers. Students will:
- learn about and label the parts of a plant
- learn about and label components of photosynthesis
- learn about and label parts of a leaf
- learn about and label vein patterns in leaves
- learn about, illustrate, and label leaf shapes
- learn about and label parts of a flower
- learn about and label parts of fruit
The final part of the unit focuses on where plants live. Students will:
- learn about and label soil layers
- learn about and label specific plants by biome
- learn about and illustrate endangered plants
- learn about and illustrate common flowers
- learn about and illustrate types of leaves, seeds, and fruit
- consider some of the many ways we use plants
You might also be interested in the Nature Notebook, a companion to Nature Anatomy by Julia Rothman.
The Nature Study with Trees and Leaves is available in our online store.
You might also enjoy the FREE Plant Terminology Copywork Notebook and FREE Leaf Terminology Copywork Notebook that explore related topics!
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.
FREE Worksheets and Unit Studies About World War I
World War 1 is known as "The Great War". It began on July 28, 1914, when Austria-Hungary declared wa
FREE Chief Justices of the Supreme Court Notebooking & Resea
Introduce your students to the lives and decisions of 17 key men in the U.S. judicial branch w
Resources to Teach Kids about Biomimicry
Did you know that nature inspires innovation? This is called biomimicry. These resources to teach ki
Summer Bucket List for an At-Home Summer
Uncertainty is still affecting many normal summer activities, but there is still so much fun to be h
Free Homeschool Resources from Bible Bundles
Not sure how to fit the Bible into your summer plans? The Mid-Summer Everything Bundle from Bible Bu
Resources for Creating an Ice Cream Unit Study
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! At least I did as a child, didn't you? I know my