Have fun with this Nature Study with Trees and Leaves that lets you draw, label, color, and more! Upper elementary and middle school students can learn about seeds, plants, leaves, flowers, and more with this 30-page unit.
The first part of the unit focuses on seeds. Students will:
- learn and label the parts of a seed
- learn about and illustrate methods of seed dispersal
The second part of the unit focuses on plants, leaves, and flowers. Students will:
- learn about and label the parts of a plant
- learn about and label components of photosynthesis
- learn about and label parts of a leaf
- learn about and label vein patterns in leaves
- learn about, illustrate, and label leaf shapes
- learn about and label parts of a flower
- learn about and label parts of fruit
The final part of the unit focuses on where plants live. Students will:
- learn about and label soil layers
- learn about and label specific plants by biome
- learn about and illustrate endangered plants
- learn about and illustrate common flowers
- learn about and illustrate types of leaves, seeds, and fruit
- consider some of the many ways we use plants
You might also be interested in the Nature Notebook, a companion to Nature Anatomy by Julia Rothman.
The Nature Study with Trees and Leaves is available in our online store.
You might also enjoy the FREE Plant Terminology Copywork Notebook and FREE Leaf Terminology Copywork Notebook that explore related topics!
Bonnie Rose Hudson’s heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her website WriteBonnieRose.com for homeschool and history curriculum, resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to check out her newest release from JourneyForth, The Hidden Village, an early reader set in India.