What would you say if you were asked to name the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World? You’d probably say the pyramids of Egypt at Giza. Maybe you’d think of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Could you name the other five? Could your kids?
Enjoy the next volume in our popular reading comprehension series with this fun way to complement your ancient history studies with some reading comprehension.
Your students will learn about the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World:
- Lighthouse of Alexandria
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
- Colossus at Rhodes
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Pyramids of Egypt at Giza
They’ll learn from informative non-fiction text and answer comprehension questions based on each of the seven wonders. They can create a notebooking page for narration and learn new vocabulary words. It’s perfect for 4th-8th grades and can be easily adapted for other ages.
There are multiple ways that you can use our free reading comprehension printables aside from reading and answering questions. Here are some ideas:
- Create a notebook for your reading comprehension units & make each new one that comes out a new “section”
- Use written narration to write what you learned
- Use a blank notebooking page to draw an illustration of the subject of the reading passage
- Use a separate page to answer the questions with complete sentences
You can really expand on these topics and also do further research on areas of particular interest. The other reading comprehension units so far are:
- Seven Wonders of the Natural World Reading Comprehension Geography Unit
- Natural Disasters Reading Comprehension Science Unit
- Learning About Weather Reading Comprehension Science Unit
- Human Body Systems Reading Comprehension Science Unit
- Seven Wonders of the Age of Steam Reading Comprehension History Unit
- Seven Wonders of the Solar System Unit Study
You might also enjoy these free ancient history resources:
- Ancient Rome Resources & FREEBIES for Your Digital Homeschool
- FREE Ancient History Resources, Unit Studies & Printables
- FREE Date Dash Ancient Egypt Card Game
- Ancient Rome Definition Cards (FREE Printable)
- Ancient Rome FREE Unit Studies, Printables and Ideas
- Hands-On Activities and Ideas for an Ancient Egypt Unit Study
- Why Teaching About Greek Mythology in Your Christian Homeschool is Not Bad
- FREE World History with a Plan for All Ages
All of our Reading Comprehension Units are available to subscribers for free. Get the FREE Seven Wonders of the Ancient World History Reading Comprehension History Unit as well as the others now – CLICK HERE!
**Existing subscribers: Look for the download button/link at the bottom of every email we send to get instant access!
Carrie is the owner & operator of Homeschool Giveaways. She has been homeschooling for over a decade and has successfully graduated her first homeschooler. She has two girls and works side by side at home with her awesome husband. She has been saved by grace, fails daily, but continues to strive toward the prize of the high calling of being a daughter of the Most High God.
A Guide to Becoming a Minimalist Homeschooler
The older I get the more appealing it sounds to become a minimalist homeschooler. Learn exactly how
Create a Learning Environment Outdoors
Take your children’s homeschool learning experience outdoors! Do you or your kids ever get tired o
Easily Earn Amazon Gift Cards for Your Home
The Money Saving Mom never disappoints. I had to share just how easily you can earn Amazon gift
Reasons Why You Should be Nature Journaling with Your Kids
I want to be real with you. I do not like being outdoors. I am a homebody, or maybe I am just gettin
FREE Printable Bookmarks and Reading Logs of Adorable Bugs
I would never, for the life of me, understand why kids like bugs so much. Not all of them do, I know
The Ultimate List of Memory Tools for History and Geography
Memorization is one of the first signs of learning for all kids. From a very early age, children lea