Have your children been given the opportunity to cultivate their personal relationship with Jesus? Ever wonder how you can start helping them to develop this relationship, but don’t know where to start?
Knowing God vs. Knowing About God
Psalm 103:7 says,
He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.
To know God, is to know His ways. The ways of God are not seen first; they are experienced by encounter through a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus.
There’s nothing greater you can impart to your children than helping them learn to love the Word of God. It’s this place where they can get to know who He is for themselves. This includes learning His heart for people, His goodness, His nature, etc.
But, if our children know about God, experiencing the acts of God, they won’t come to know Him personally and intimately.
What The Lord Wants To Reveal To Your Kids
The Holy Spirit is looking to reveal to your kids who our Father is and one of the ways He does this is through your kids listening and reading the Bible.
The Holy Spirit wants to teach your children that:
- they have a loving Father
- they have authority that Jesus teaches us to walk in
- the promises of God that are for them to claim
- character in them is developed when they face obstacles
- their mindset and what they think about is important
- they have the power to resist temptation
- trusting in God is necessary in the unknown parts of their life
- that prayer changes them and the situations around them
- they’re in a constant warfare against principalities and powers
- the enemy is under their feet
- life is lived by faith and it’s what pleases God
- praise and worship is our warfare
- life is lived with servant leadership
- the greatest motivator is love
- everything they do is unto the Lord and not to men
- giving generously to others causes them to give thanks to God
- life is lived sacrificially and not comfortably
- the way we live brings glory to God
- the fruit of the Spirit works in them when they walk by the Spirit
- there are gifts of the Spirit that He wants to give them
- seeking the kingdom of God first and His righteous is the only way to live
- they have been given a spirit of love, power and a sound mind
- makes all things work together for their good
- God will never leave them nor forsake them
- Jesus died on the cross for them
Wow! What revelation, knowledge, understanding, wisdom and spiritual insight the Holy Spirit wants to reveal to your kids.
A Discipline Over Motivation
Fun Bible activities for kids is a wonderful way to apply Biblical principles and dig deeper to discover the revelation in the scripture. And so is simply reading the Bible. But, it’ll still take discipline and devotion to do Bible reading.
Kids NEED you to be their model and support in this. Motivation alone is not enough for them to read their Bible daily. Motivation is good to get you started (because of the endorphins it produces), but it’s not enough to keep you going. Discipline is needed instead.
How Do You Get Your Kids In The Bible?
If you’re like me, perhaps you’ve purchased a big kids Bible with the intention for them to read it.
And then what? Where do they start? What do they read from this overwhelming large book?
Some of the scripture is not for tender hearts and honestly there’s a whole lot to read when it comes to the Bible, so to begin reading the Bible as a family read-aloud is a great way to start.
FREE One-Year Bible Reading Plan For Kids
Melanie is a homeschool mom to 2, living in Alberta, Canada. She is passionate about encouraging homeschool moms who are just like her – unqualified to homeschool, yet called by God to do it. Melanie loves coffee, worship music, and the mountains. You can find resources, printables and more from Melanie at Wildly Anchored, and you can connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
FREE Resources for Discovering Hawaii Volcanoes National Par
Are you and your family stuck at home and longing for travel and adventure? This is a great time to
Free Printables and Unit Studies About Turtles
We all know and like turtles, but how much do we really know about them? Check out these free printa
Check out the new Tuttle Twins podcast for kids
If you’ve been looking for a fun way to talk about economics and the proper role of government wit
How to Supplement Lessons with Hands-On Learning
Hands-on learning is an important part of the learning process, perhaps especially for an online cur
FREE Resources About Water Safety
Summer time, especially in Florida, means spending a lot of time around the water. This is the perfe
25 Screen-Free Activities for Kids
There is always a lot of controversy over kids having access to screens. I'm not here to debate for
FREE Camping Resources for Your Next Family Trip
Believe it or not, our family was never a camping family before we hit the road fulltime. We took a