Will you be celebrating or recognizing Passover this year in your home?
The Biblical feast of Passover is a celebration of God’s protection and provision for the nation of Israel over 3,000 years ago.
Passover is one of the most prominent biblical feasts still practiced today by many.
Even non-Jewish Christians have been able to take part in this tradition of the Jewish people, of which Jesus must have also take part. That is pretty cool.
This post provides a list of typical meals of the Passover and the recipes you make during a celebration of the Passover biblical feast.
You will find recipes for:
- The Matzah – unleavened bread (bread made without yeast). Because the Israelites were to leave Egypt in a hurry once they were released, they did not have time to allow their bread to rise.
- The Lamb Shank – the Passover lamb that was sacrificed was then prepared as part of the meal. The lamb represents Christ, who was the final and perfect sacrifice to release us from the bonds of sin.
- The Egg – an egg represents the sacrifices made at the Temple.
- Salt Water – to represent the tears of the Israelites during their enslavement in Egypt.
- Haroset – a sweet mixture with apples and nuts to represent the mortar used by the Israelites in Egypt.
- Horseradish – bitter herbs to represent the bitterness of slavery.
- Grape Juice – this is consumed to remind us of God’s promise that His people would be freed.
Discussing with your children the meaning of this biblical feast can truly help you all learn more about God’s love and strength.
Need some more resources to teach the Passover to your kids this year?
Explore this amazing resource for celebrating the biblical feast of Passover in your home from Awe-filled Homemaker.
Jeannette is a wife, mother and homeschooling mom. She has been mightily, saved by grace and is grateful for God’s sovereignty throughout her life’s journey. She has a Bachelor in English Education and her MBA. Jeannette is bi-lingual and currently lives in the Tongan Islands of the South Pacific. She posts daily freebies for homeschoolers!
Let's Study Galileo: Understanding Science & Truth
Have you ever been so sure you were right, but you just couldn’t prove it? Then you have something
FREE Geography Unit Studies
I remember learning geography when I was in school and it was so boring and dry. I wanted nothing to
A Simple Homeschool Lesson Planning Method + FREE Lesson Pla
When I first started homeschooling, I had this vision of homeschool lesson planning where I'd write
How to Teach About Pagan Cultures in a Christian Homeschool
I am sure you have heard of the classic explanation for how experts can tell a counterfeit bill comp
Coping with Fibromyalgia While Homeschooling
I recently learned the extent of fibromyalgia while my eldest daughter was managing a website for pe
DIY Gifts to Give Your Children
Handmade gifts are things that money can never buy. Just think about the feelings in your heart when