How exciting is it to have summer right around the corner!? If you are looking for a fun summer activity schedule , then you will love this FREEBIE.
I’ve been looking at how we’re doing with our homeschool curriculum all for the purpose of gauging how soon the pressure is off. And I’m so happy that we’ll see ourselves finishing up a good chunk just into next month!
I do not homeschool in summer.
And what I mean by that is I have no learning structure. For us, this is an invitation to explore more freely beyond the routine. The space of summer is where I find that my children grow leaps and bounds.
With summer on the horizon, we’ve begun looking at the possibilities of what we can do together. We’ve considered a variety of ideas with places to see and people to get together with.
My children like the idea of freedom, but they do need some guidance and an idea, which is why I came up with a fun summer activity schedule for kids.
This schedule doesn’t tell kids what to do, but it gives them a daily theme as a jumping off point, giving them the freedom to choose.
FREE Fun Summer Activity Schedule for Kids Printable Includes:
- Savor-It Sunday
- Choose to savor the day and do anything you love to do as a family. Perhaps it’s ice cream, the park, a sport, a board game or a bike ride.
- Make-It Monday
- Make something like constructing a new lego project, a fort, a cookie recipe, or a craft, etc.
- Think-It Tuesday
- Use your imagination and creative thinking to come up with or story or a skit and showcase it for family or friends. Perhaps use recyclables and build a structure.
- Water-It Wednesday
- You don’t need a hot day to play with water, but it could include a splashpark, waterslide, a boat ride on a lake, dancing in the rain, maybe a science experiment with water!
- Try-It Thursday
- Try something new you’ve never done before. Maybe learn a sport like flying a kit, search for a geocache, make homemade ice cream,
- Free-It Friday
- It’s a free day to do whatever you want! Maybe it’s a playdate with a friend. Camping or a bonfire. A scavenger hunt or reading a book.
- See-It Saturday
- Go visit a friendly farm, a park, a natural disaster, a historical site or the stars.
Create a fun summer with your children!
Be sure to head over to Wildly Anchored and grab your copy of the FREE Summer Activity Schedule for Kids!
Carrie is the owner & operator of Homeschool Giveaways. She has been homeschooling for over a decade and has successfully graduated her first homeschooler. She has two girls and works side by side at home with her awesome husband. She has been saved by grace, fails daily, but continues to strive toward the prize of the high calling of being a daughter of the Most High God.