How exciting is it to have summer right around the corner!? If you are looking for a fun summer activity schedule , then you will love this FREEBIE.
I’ve been looking at how we’re doing with our homeschool curriculum all for the purpose of gauging how soon the pressure is off. And I’m so happy that we’ll see ourselves finishing up a good chunk just into next month!
I do not homeschool in summer.
And what I mean by that is I have no learning structure. For us, this is an invitation to explore more freely beyond the routine. The space of summer is where I find that my children grow leaps and bounds.
With summer on the horizon, we’ve begun looking at the possibilities of what we can do together. We’ve considered a variety of ideas with places to see and people to get together with.
My children like the idea of freedom, but they do need some guidance and an idea, which is why I came up with a fun summer activity schedule for kids.
This schedule doesn’t tell kids what to do, but it gives them a daily theme as a jumping off point, giving them the freedom to choose.
FREE Fun Summer Activity Schedule for Kids Printable Includes:
- Savor-It Sunday
- Choose to savor the day and do anything you love to do as a family. Perhaps it’s ice cream, the park, a sport, a board game or a bike ride.
- Make-It Monday
- Make something like constructing a new lego project, a fort, a cookie recipe, or a craft, etc.
- Think-It Tuesday
- Use your imagination and creative thinking to come up with or story or a skit and showcase it for family or friends. Perhaps use recyclables and build a structure.
- Water-It Wednesday
- You don’t need a hot day to play with water, but it could include a splashpark, waterslide, a boat ride on a lake, dancing in the rain, maybe a science experiment with water!
- Try-It Thursday
- Try something new you’ve never done before. Maybe learn a sport like flying a kit, search for a geocache, make homemade ice cream,
- Free-It Friday
- It’s a free day to do whatever you want! Maybe it’s a playdate with a friend. Camping or a bonfire. A scavenger hunt or reading a book.
- See-It Saturday
- Go visit a friendly farm, a park, a natural disaster, a historical site or the stars.
Create a fun summer with your children!
Be sure to head over to Wildly Anchored and grab your copy of the FREE Summer Activity Schedule for Kids!
Melanie is a homeschool mom to 2, living in Alberta, Canada. She is passionate about encouraging homeschool moms who are just like her – unqualified to homeschool, yet called by God to do it. Melanie loves coffee, worship music, and the mountains. You can find resources, printables and more from Melanie at Wildly Anchored, and you can connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Ideas & Resources for a Meaningful Advent with Your Family
How many years do we come upon the month of December and totally forget an advent activity for our f
FREE Ultimate Christmas Planner
It's no secret that the holidays can be a very stressful time. This is the time of year that we shou
FREE Resources About Airplanes and Aviation History
Aldren about Maybe you have a child that loves airplanes and wants to learn more about the history o
FREE Copywork from Matthew 7 & the Golden Rule
The words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount are full of truth and wisdom that is vital to hide in
FREE Resources for Doing Science Labs at Home
Science is ones of those subjects that you either love or hate. Many of us remember the days of publ
FREE Capitals of the World Alphabet Tracing Pages
Help your young students become aware of world geography while they practice tracing the alphabet wi
Ways to Have Fun Learning About Historical Figures
Studying historical figures can be really fun for kids. These simple ways to have fun learning about