This world is so dry when it comes to celebrating Easter.
It becomes an occasion where there’s so much hype around the celebration of a bunny and treats that once the day has passed, we can feel lack-lustre and empty.
We have such a gift as parents.
To think that we have the honor and privilege to pass onto our children God’s redemptive plan to save us from our sin, restoring our ability to have a personal and intimate relationship with Him is truly humbling.
Below are some great ways on how to celebrate a Christ-Centered Easter as a family.
Gently start off your mornings with a Bible reading as your devotional. Truly scripture is THE most impactful way to learn about Easter.
- Bible for younger kids. Read aloud to your children while having them look at pictures to help them begin their journey of understanding Easter.
- Bible for older kids. Have a read aloud time as a family where everyone reads a portion of scripture.
- 30-Day Scripture Challenge. Meditate on a scripture a day. You could also include this as part of your daily scripture writing or memorization.
A more in-depth study of Easter can help you and your children dig deeper into the events that led up to the trial, the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
- Easter Bible Study for Kids. Included are two Bible studies that feature Bible readings, discussion questions, life application prompts, scripture writing, scripture memory and activities.
- Easter Promise Unit Study. Included are 5 quests that begin with Palm Sunday and continue on through Ascension Day.
- Learning About Biblical Feasts. In the Old Testament, the feasts were a significant time for God’s people. Take in the history of the Passover feast that led up to Jesus’ death.
Change up your morning or afternoon basket time with some Christ-Centered Easter books.
- The Berenstain Bears’ Easter Sunday (younger-aged)
- The Easter Story (younger-aged)
- God Gave Me Easter (younger-aged)
- Amon’s Adventure: A Family Story for Easter (older-aged)
- The Tale of Three Trees: A Traditional Folktale (older-aged)
Music is a powerful tool. Not only are you worshiping the King through music, but there is often memory work taking place as words are more easily remembered through song and rhythm.
- Bible Songs
- Hymn Studies
- Music Lessons for Holidays & Special Days
- Praise and Worship songs of your choice
Activities and Crafts
Illustrations using activities and crafts are a great way to discover and dig deeper into the meaning of Easter and understand its significance.
- Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Easter Story Writing Cards
- Easy DIY Easter Tree Study For Kids
- Easter Cross Craft for Kids
- FREE Easter Copywork
- Witnesses To The Crucifixion
Change up your home decor and create a beautiful reminder that Easter is about Christ.
How are you planning and celebrating a Christ-Centered Easter as a family?
Anchored in Christ,
Melanie is a homeschool mom to 2, living in Alberta, Canada. She is passionate about encouraging homeschool moms who are just like her – unqualified to homeschool, yet called by God to do it. Melanie loves coffee, worship music, and the mountains. You can find resources, printables and more from Melanie at Wildly Anchored, and you can connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Ways to Convince Your Child They Need to Learn Material That
It's easier for kids in public schools not to question what they are learning. Schools have requirem
FREE Life Science STEM Projects
Life science is my favorite type of science. We can teach our kids about the science of life in a fu
Free Resources About Animals in Extreme Environments
This world has some pretty extreme environments. We can’t help but wonder how living things can ev
Books for Teen Entrepreneurs
Part of the process of starting a business is education. Teens who hope to dive into entrepreneurshi
FREE Science Workbook + Video Course Giveaway
If you ask a group of homeschooling moms which subject they'd like to have taught to their children
Homeschool Resources for Virtual Field Trips
FREE Virtual Field Trip Journaling & Notebooking Pack For Your Homeschool Like any good field t