This year, the state of South Dakota is considering a new requirement for students to pass a citizenship test to be eligible to graduate from high school. If they add the requirement, they will join 17 other states, including Arizona and North Dakota which became the first states to adopt the policy in 2015.
To officially become a U.S. citizen, you must pass the official naturalization test. The test is an oral test where an officer asks 10 of a possible 100 civics questions. To pass, the applicant must correctly answer 6 of the 10 questions. Can your child (or you) pass the United States citizenship test? Take our test to see how you would fare!
- The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
- What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
- For how many years is a U.S. Senator elected?
- How many voting members are in the House of Representatives?
- If both the President and Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
- What are two rights of everyone living in the United States?
- When was the Constitution written?
- Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s.
- Who was the United States president during the Great Depression and World War II?
- Name one state that borders Canada.
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, support services, and an accredited online academy. Visit Alpha Omega Publications online or call 800-622-3070 to learn more.
FREE Printable Mini-Book to Teach the Letter K
Are you teaching the alphabet this year in your young learning homeschool? This free printable mini-
Is Courting a Thing of the Past?
I can’t wait to share my husband’s culture with you. You will love it (I do.) Learn these 3 reas
FREE Printable Activity Pack for Earth Day
Check out this adorable FREE printable activity pack to share with your homeschool kids just in time
Why We Homeschool Four Days a Week Instead of Five
I knew, before I even started homeschooling, that I would NOT homeschool 5 days a week. It was
FREE Printable S.O.A.P for Kids Bible Study
Want a deeper way for your kids to read scripture? S.O.A.P notes are an awesome way for kids to real
The Easy Way To Raise A Money Genius
As parents, we all want the best for our kids. Whether it’s with their education, relationships, o