The beginning of a new homeschool year should be exciting rather than stressful, but to get to that point requires some planning. Use these items on our helpful summer homeschool checklist to make sure you’re thoroughly prepared for your new year.
1. Fill out your state’s homeschool exemption form and any other necessary paperwork to make sure you’re in compliance with all homeschool regulations by state.
2. Get goals for your year and review advice from other homeschool moms.
3. Craft mission and vision statements for your homeschool. You may also want to select a school scripture of theme verse for the year. Memorizing the scripture as a parent is also a powerful life-practice to model to your children.
4. Choose your curriculum based on your child’s strengths and preferred learning style.
5. Buy the necessary school supplies.
6. Discuss your child’s extracurricular activities for the beginning of the year.
8. Organize your homeschool space.
9. Do some meal planning to give you extra time to focus on homeschooling at the beginning of the year.
10. Delegate responsibilities through daily chores for your children.
11. Plan a special back-to-homeschool celebration.
12. Pray continually. As you homeschool this year, we pray that you may be surrounded with a sense of God’s presence in your life as you boldly teach your children about the greatness of a God who loves you more than you can possibly imagine.
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, support services, and an accredited online academy. Visit Alpha Omega Publications online or call 800-622-3070 to learn more.
FREE Reading Logs, Bookmarks and Charts
Do you have a child that struggles with reading and could use some encouragement? Three of my four c
How to Celebrate a Christ-Centered Easter as a Family
This world is so dry when it comes to celebrating Easter. It becomes an occasion where there’s
FREE Spring Vocabulary Cards
Exposing children to new vocabulary is so important. And, adding seasonal vocabulary to writing cent
Butterfly Counting Jar Mat
Spring is a perfect time to add a seasonal element to math centers. Try this free butterfly counting
FREE Gardening Ideas for Kids – Printable 3-Part Cards
In this post, there will be an awesome set of Gardening Ideas for Kids using Printable 3-Part Cards!
Beyond The Textbook: Teaching Life Skills in Your Homeschool
Teaching & Learning Life Skills Teaching life skills in your homeschool can be fun, and it can
FREE Printable Wonderfully Made Lapbook for Kids
Boy, is it hard for me to remind myself that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Let’s remind o