I love finding ways to keep my kids busy during the summer that will keep them engaged and let them be creative without technology.
Water beads are so much fun to play with! They are a great sensory activity, and seem to calm many children because they are pretty to look at, and cool to touch. They are a great tool to beat summer boredom and they will keep your kids busy for HOURS! You can find them at your local dollar store in the floral section in small packages, and you can also purchase them on Amazon. These are the ones we have and they last forever because there are so many of them!
So what exactly do you do with water beads?
Here are 20 different ways to use water beads for summer fun play time:
1. Fill up a baby play pool with them! This is so much fun. Grab a small plastic pool from walmart and fill it up overnight, let them hydrate and surprise your kids in the morning!
2. Sort them by color into different containers. This will keep your kids busy for a very long time.
3. Make a shaving cream cake and decorate them with water beads.
4. Bounce them outside! Make sure to do this outside, as these tiny balls will bounce very high!
5. Scoop and dump them into different containers back and forth again and again. Try using a funnel and different sized bottles to transfer them. I love keeping lids and old take out containers for activities like this.
18. Use them as math counters during your math lesson, and while solving math facts.
19. Practice your fine motor skills with water beads from Still Playing School.
20. Put them in a bin and add your favorite Toob animals. My girls love the ocean creatures as a fun theme!
Sarah is a wife, daughter of the King and Mama to 4 children (one who is a homeschool graduate!) She is a an eclectic,Charlotte Mason style homeschooler and has been homeschooling for over 16 years now. She is still trying to find the balance between work and keeping a home and says she can only do it by the Grace of God, and Coffee!