Even if your child is young, it’s not too early to start teaching proper manners. To make sure your child isn’t the one with the rude ‘tude, check off this list as you help teach these 25 manners every child should know:
1. Show respect and kindness to everyone around you.
2. Say please, thank you, and excuse me every day.
3. Hold your silverware correctly.
4. Place a napkin on your lap and wipe your mouth with care.
5. Chew with your mouth closed.
6. Keep your elbows off the table.
7. Don’t interrupt someone in a conversation.
8. Keep negative comments to yourself.
9. Compliment others.
10. Always help someone in need.
11. Be aware of positive body language.
12. Address adults by their titles of Mr., Mrs., or Miss unless instructed to do differently.
13. Knock on a door before opening it.
14. Answer the phone politely.
15. Make eye contact when speaking to another person.
16. Don’t point or stare.
17. Always cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing.
18. Invite someone to join your group if he or she is alone.
19. Hold the door for others.
20. Ask for permission to leave the table.
21. Perform tasks without grumbling.
22. Don’t reach across the table. Instead, kindly ask for something to be passed to you.
23. If asked how you’re doing, respond with the same question or a similar one.
24. Clean up your own messes.
25. Avoid looking at your phone when talking to others.
Founded in 1977, Alpha Omega Publications is a leading provider of PreK-12 Christian curriculum, educational resources, and services to homeschool families worldwide. AOP follows its mission every day by creating and providing quality Christian educational materials to thousands of students through curriculum, support services, and an accredited online academy. Visit Alpha Omega Publications online or call 800-622-3070 to learn more.