The Olympics is always a great way to get our kids excited about geography. This is a great way to teach them about the different countries represented in the Olympics and the country that is hosting the Olympics.
Take advantage of the thrill of the Olympics to teach your children the geography and history of the host country—South Korea.
Download this 2018 Winter Olympics FREE Printable Activity Book for nine days of activites, maps and more to learn about South Korea.
The Winter Olympics are right around the corner, and many will be watching the events with rapt attention.
Why not add a little history and geography to this teachable moment and count the Olympics as school?
- Ask your kids to identify the location of the Winter Olympics on a map.
- Ask them if they know the capital city of that country.
- See if they know why there are two separate nations —North and South Korea.
To give you a head start on these topics, Sonlight Curriculum has created a free South Korea, printable activity book!
You can use this free guide as a unit study, as supplementary material for any child (or adult!) or just as a fun way to prepare for the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea.
Enjoy some family fun together & download this FREE guide today!
You can download the free guide here.
This printable activity book contains everything you need for a thorough overview of South Korea—perfect for the history and geography components of your Winter Olympics homeschool studies.
- 9 days of lesson plans about Korea
- Winter Olympic activities for kids (or adults!)
- A 20-page excerpt from Sonlight’s Journey to the Eastern Hemisphere covering culture, art, geography, economics, politics, and history-perfect for a unit study of South Korea.
- Full-color images and printable maps of South Korea
- Quick facts about North and South Korea – to learn at a glance
- An overview of the history of the Olympics
- 6 printable notebooking pages to fill in, including… a timeline activity, a map of Korea activity, and more!
Content for this free Olympic Activity Book is pulled from Sonlight’s Level F, History / Bible / Literature program. In Level F, students explore much more of Asia plus the Middle East, Africa, the South Pacific —including Australia, New Zealand and Antarctica — in the full, 36-week curriculum package.
Get this free 2018 Winter Olympics Printable Activity book on South Korea today.
Sarah is a wife, daughter of the King and Mama to 4 children (one who is a homeschool graduate)! She is a an eclectic, Charlotte Mason style homeschooler that has been homeschooling for almost 20 years.. She is still trying to find the balance between work and keeping a home and says she can only do it by the Grace of God, and Coffee!