Notebooking journals are a fun way for children to record their thoughts and observations without pressure to create a finished product.
Vacations and field trips provide a perfect opportunity for homeschool students to write about new environments and experiences. That’s why Danika Cooley, author of Bible Road Trip and owner of Thinking Kids, has created the My Trips Notebooking Journals for families like yours.
They’re free of charge for Thinking Kids subscribers.
The My Trips Notebooking Journals are 1/2 of an 8 1/2 x 11 page, so each PDF download should be cut the pages in half to create two complete 65-page notebooking journals. Don’t need two journals? If you remove the first two pages from the second journal, you can add it to the first and just have more pages to write on (128 pages to be exact).
You can print the journal pages back-to-back, but printing them one-sided creates a blank page on each two-page spread, allowing room to scrapbook photos and printed mementos, or draw maps or pictures. That means your two journals will each be 130 pages long!
To create durable and portable My Trips Notebooking Journals, consider printing on 65-pound white cardstock. The FedEx store will bind the journals for less than $5 each, or you can 3-hole punch the pages and put them into 8 1/2″ x 5″ 3-ring binders. On cardstock, printed single-sided, one journal is just a little over 1/2″ thick.
My Trips Notebooking Journal Contents:
- 65 journal pages including the cover
- 65 blank pages for maps, drawings, photos and souvenirs (if printed single-sided)
- 1 map of the United States to map the journey or locations visited
- 40 encouraging and thought-provoking quotes from Christians throughout history
- Charming murals of old-fashioned automobile, airplane and boat scenes from small towns throughout Oregon (photographed by Gary Halvorson, Oregon State Archives)
- Space for writing and framed spaces for illustrations (or additional scrapbooked items)
- Half-size pages make two journals that are portable and not overwhelming
- Writing spaces and quotes are age appropriate for grades 3-9
Christians Quoted in the My Trips Notebooking Journal:
- Martin Luther (1483-1546)
- Hannah More (1745-1833)
- Augustine (354-430)
- Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)
- John Calvin (1509-1564)
- Adoniram Judson (1788-1850)
- David Livingstone (1813-1873)
- David Brainerd (1718-1747)
- J.C. Ryle (1816-1900)
- William Carey (1761-1834)
- John Bunyan (1628-1688)
- Origen (185-254)
- George Mueller (1805-1898)
- Mary Slessor (1848-1915)
- Polycarp of Smyrna (69-155)
- John Owen (1616-1683)
- Clement of Rome (c.96)
- Harriet Tubman (1822-1913)
- John Knox (1510-1572)
- Gregory of Nyssa (c.330-c.395)
- John Wycliffe (1320-1384)
- Athanasius (296-373)
- Hudson Taylor (1832-1905)
- George Whitefield (1714-1770)
- Alexander MacLaren (1826-1910)
Registering to become a Thinking Kids subscriber entitles you to receive updates on godly parenting resources, homeschool ideas, Christian parenting posts, and you’ll have access to Bible Road Trip ~ a 3 year Bible survey curriculum for preschool to high school with coordinating Notebooking Journals!
Bible Road Trip is free for download by week, or available for purchase as a full-year PDF download, written by Danika Cooley, a children’s writer with a love for God’s Word, history, wisdom and small people.
Carrie is the owner & operator of Homeschool Giveaways. She has been homeschooling for over a decade and has successfully graduated her first homeschooler. She has two girls and works side by side at home with her awesome husband. She has been saved by grace, fails daily, but continues to strive toward the prize of the high calling of being a daughter of the Most High God.
Dental Health Printables & Resources for Children's Dental H
If your kids are like mine, getting them to brush their teeth can be a bit of a challenge. It seems
10 Ways to Help Your Kids Develop Good Speaking Skills
Speaking in front of others has always been a part of the jobs I have had in my lifetime. Learning h
16 Printables and Freebies for the New Homeschool Mom
Here's a collection of freebies and printables perfect for the new homeschool mom (or dad or grandpa
FREE 30-Day Overcome Fear Scripture Challenge
The symptoms we experience with fear are real and can take a toll on us spiritually, mentally, emoti
FREE Farm Animal Cheat Sheets & Fact Cards
Whether you grew up on a farm, in a town, or in the city, there is always more to learn about farm a
FREE Kingdoms and Empires Notebooking Research Journal
From the Achaemenian to the Zapotec, mankind has built kingdoms and empires all over the world. Help
Printables About Community Helpers
As time goes by, you hear more and more news on the media about community helpers that don’t do th