Summer is almost here! A time for popsicles, swimming pools, and long stretches of uninterrupted reading. If you are like us, you probably have a kid who loves reading, but you may also have another who, well, does not.
We have a found a summer reading program perfect for both of those kids!
The heart of the program is a reading passport that encourages kids to read new genres and do fun activities. Based on “BINGO,” kids mark off squares trying to complete rows or columns. Once they do, you reward them with a family-fun prize like ice cream, bowling, or book shopping.
Throughout the month of June, Everyday Snapshots will be offering fun ideas, book suggestions, helpful tips, and even a few surprises.
Simply enter your email on the program page and you will receive the a download link for the printables. Signing up means you will also receive a weekly email from each Friday starting May 23 with program updates and links to all the fun goodies.
Summer Reading Tools
What’s in the pack:
- The TTTP Reading Passport: This is the heart of the program. There is a back and front available if you want to print both and make a booklet, but you can also just print one side and hang it on the fridge. Have kids complete multiple rows or go for a total blackout (what a wonderful summer of reading that would be!).
- Reading Rewards Tickets: Write in which prizes are right for your family. When your child completes a row on his passport, he gets to pick a prize!
- Reading Log: Are you tracking books read this summer for school or other reading programs? Maybe you just want a record to save. This is the form for you! You can also offer a prize for number of pages read, so record those here as well. There are two versions of the reading log. One has a space for your child to write a one-sentence summary of the book. The other just records the books read. Print the one you like best.
- Bookmarks: Print on cardstock and laminate if desired. Fun!
- Certificate: Something fun to present when the program is done.So go, get your free download, schedule a trip to the library, and let your summer reading adventure begin!
Carrie is the owner & operator of Homeschool Giveaways. She has been homeschooling for over a decade and has successfully graduated her first homeschooler. She has two girls and works side by side at home with her awesome husband. She has been saved by grace, fails daily, but continues to strive toward the prize of the high calling of being a daughter of the Most High God.
FREE Famous Trains Notebooking Research Journal
There's something about trains that captures the imagination. They whisk us away to distant places.
FREE US Constitution Unit Study with Printables
Understanding what it means to be an American means knowing something about the Constitution—
33 Simple & Festive DIY Advent Calendar Ideas
The anticipation of the Christmas season is one of the best parts of the entire holiday season! As a
FREE Holiday Memory Morning Time Menu Pack
Want to add memory work to your morning time? This FREE Holiday Memory Pack is the perfect solu
FREE Thanksgiving Brick Challenge
Do you have kids who love LEGO®? Here is a fun and exciting way to teach your children about the st
Free Thanksgiving & Christmas Holiday Planner
With the holidays often comes burnout and overwhelm. Grocery lists, gift-giving, meal planning - it
29 Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
Every year I have high hopes of making some amazing crafts with my kids leading up to Thanksgiving a