The featured Curriculum Review of the week is Math Essentials!
Are Your Students Math Ready? Only 4 out of every 10 eighth graders are proficient in Math, and by grade 12 only 2 out of 10! Don’t let this happen to your child!
Finally a math instruction system that that helps your kids get the best math preparation possible Kids love them… Teachers love them… Parents love them… Home Schoolers love them…
Meet America’s Math Teacher, Rick Fisher, Founder of Math Essentials. Students master the exact topics recommended for algebra readiness by the National Math Advisory Panel. No extra fluff or side topics to confuse or distract.
Mastering Essential Math Skills Book Two – Middle and High School Grades and Pre- Algebra Concepts
I have a son who is in 8th grade and has been struggling with math this past year and a half. When pursuing the information on Math Essentials, I was very curious to see how it was possible to earn “dramatically better math scores in just 20 minutes per day!”
My son was very pleased to see that the books weren’t a few hundred pages long like other math texts we have used and that the lessons didn’t seem too lengthy and redundant with lots of extra information that may not be essential!
Mastering Essential Math Skills Book Two -Middle and High School Grades
The book is 122 pages long. There is a how to section in the front and an answer key in the back of the book. This book covers so many essential math topics. If you are using this as a supplement and need help in a certain area you could jump right to the section you needed extra practice with. For the struggling math learner I suggest going through the entire book starting at the beginning with the basics. My son was able to work on this over the summer and throughout this year and really enjoyed using this and it has helped him in math tremendously this year!
The topics covered in this book are:
- Whole Numbers: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and many different types of math problems
- Fractions: Changing improper fractions, subtracting, adding, least common denominator, multiplying, reciprocals, dividing and much more
- Decimals: changing words to decimals, changing fractions and mixed numbers to decimals, comparing, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimals
- Percent: Changing tenths and hundredths to percents, decimals to percents, percents to decimals and fractions, finding the percent of a number, finding the percent in word problems
- Geometry: Points, lines, planes, parallel, measuring angles, types of angles, polygons, triangles, perimeter of polygons, circles, circumference, areas
- Integers: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Charts and Bar Graphs: bar, line, circle, picture
- Word Problems: whole numbers, fractions, decimals, 2 step whole numbers, 2 step fractions, 2 step decimals, multi-step word problems
Each Lesson has 4 Review Exercises, a little speed drill section, a helpful hints section, 10 math problems and one word problem to complete. This course helped my son to drastically improve his math grades and I highly recommend it. You can check it out along with all of the other courses offered by clicking here.
Featured Resources from our Online Store:
Sarah is a wife, daughter of the King and Mama to 4 children (one who is a homeschool graduate)! She is a an eclectic, Charlotte Mason style homeschooler that has been homeschooling for over 16 years now. She is still trying to find the balance between work and keeping a home and says she can only do it by the Grace of God, and Coffee!
Learn About Passover and Celebrate Together
The celebration of Passover began over 3,000 years ago, but the truth that it taught is something th
The Benefits of Notebooking & Written Narration
Notebooking is an incredible tool that you can use with almost any style of homeschooling. But what
How to Help Your Child Guard Their Lips
Psalm 141:3 says, "Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips." We know to
You Want Me to Do What? 5 Tips for Schooling at Home
It was unique, and maybe even a bit of fun at first … this whole school at home thing. But once th
Get the Most Out of a FREE World Book Membership
How many of you still have World Book encyclopedias sitting on your bookshelves? We have had a set i
FREE Modern History Activities & Notebooking: 1950s
Are you interested in adding modern history to your studies but aren't sure where to start? We have
How to Help Your Child Understand When to Use Caution
There is a fine line between raising kids who use caution and raising fearful kids. Lord knows I havWishlist 0Continue Shopping