FREE offers are often time-sensitive. Although they are FREE at the time of posting, please be sure to verify the offer is still free before claiming or purchasing it. (We are not responsible for price changes.) Thank you!
This is a guest post by by Erin Cox from lifeabundantlyblog.com.
Homeschool can be tough work. Sometimes we choose it- sometimes it chooses us. Either way, as new or experienced homeschoolers we can struggle to know where to start in creating a vision for our homeschool. Sometimes the day-to-day practice of teaching at home can bog us down (in tears over math, personality conflicts, and curriculum overwhelm) and leave us wondering- WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
“Where there is no vision, the people perish…” Proverbs 29:18
Sometimes, we just jump into the now, without really planning for the future. People that know way more than I ever will say that it’s nearly impossible to accomplish a goal if you never do the work of setting it in the first place. Visions and goals need consideration, thought, prayer- and maybe most importantly- to be recorded, in order to be reached.
So why should we take the time to create a vision statement for our homeschool?
- So we know where we are headed.
- So we can look back and see how far we’ve come.
- So we can have a lens through which to view trends and new curricula for our family’s needs and purposes (instead of getting caught up in the latest craze).
- So our entire family can have a united vision for what our days hold.
- So our children can see the END purpose of all of their hard work.
- So we can reflect and refresh ourselves on particularly challenging days.
With all of this in mind- I’ve created a 13 page workbook in which I hope to take you on a journey of reflection on your past choices, clarity on your present reality, and vision for the future of your homeschool.
Having a true VISION that inspires and unites your family can help shift your homeschool days from being something to survive to being a source of pleasure in which you all THRIVE!