This package has Multi-sensory Lessons to introduce a sight word using several senses, rather than relying on rote memory techniques. Combining multiple learning styles like Saying, Tracing, Writing, Reading, and Playing in a lesson enhances the understanding and the learner is able to retain the information longer and give your learner the best chance at retention.
This Sight Word Freebie contains multi-sensory instructions, worksheets, and a hands-on activity to solidify reading and spelling the sight word: ONCE
Non-phonetic sight words can pose a challenge for students, because they do not follow the standard conventions of the English language. If your learner has difficulty learning new words, then a multi-sensory approach is recommended. Teachers and parents can use these resources for working with learners that have dyslexia, ADHD, ADD, or any other learning differences.
- Four variations of worksheets to trace, color, say, write, and apply the sight word
- A unique interactive activity to reinforce and extend learning
- Take home cards for further sight word practice
- Instructions for introducing sight words using visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning modalities, to aid in retention and mastery
- Unique illustrations attach meaning by providing context, and are suitable for remedial learners beyond primary ages
If you like what you see, be sure to click here. Each Multi-sensory Sight Word Unit focuses on 5 words and includes Sight Word Readers, Pocket Chart Material, Center Activities, and Worksheets & Hands-on Activities. Choose only the parts you need or select the BUNDLE for the best value. These resources are ideal for primary classes, remedial instruction, or homeschool lessons.