Trivium Pursuit’s newest art curriculum is now available — What Do You See? A Child’s First Introduction to Art, Volumes One, Two, and Three.
These three ebooks can be purchased on Amazon Kindle for $2.99 each….
….but, for three days only, October 3-5, Volume One will be free on Amazon Kindle.
This curriculum is a gentle and easy introduction to art appreciation for children, ages 4-12. Our goal is to introduce children to basic concepts in learning how to look at a piece of art and evaluate it. In addition, we want to spark in the child a love for the great works of art.
The students and teacher should spend time observing the painting, and then answer the included questions. Since one of our goals is to learn to love art, we recommend that you ask the child to answer the questions orally, not with pencil and paper. We want to make the learning experience enjoyable for you and the children.
Each volume introduces only one elementary art principle.
Table of Contents for Volume One
- Little Red Riding Hood and Grandmother by Harriet Backer
- The Dog Cart by Henriëtte Ronner-Knip
- The Birthday Cake by Victor Gabriel Gilbert
- Boy with Baby Carriage by Norman Rockwell
- Feeding the Baby by Axel Theophilus Helsted
- Elsie Cassatt Holding a Big Dog by Mary Cassatt
- Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose by John Singer Sargent
- Cottage Girl with Dog and Pitcher by Thomas Gainsborough
- A Child’s Menagerie by Eastman Johnson
- Belshazzar’s Feast by Rembrandt
Table of Contents for Volume Two
- Le Tour Du Monde by André-Henri Dargelas
- Teaching a Dog New Tricks by John Arthur Lomax
- The Baptism of the Eunuch by Rembrandt
- Arabs Crossing the Desert by Jean-Leon Gerome
- The Blind Girl by John Everett Millais
- The Good Turn by George Hillyard Swinstead
- The Animals Entering the Ark by Jan Brueghel the Elder
- The First Lesson by Louis-Emile Adan
- Baseball Players Practicing by Thomas Cowperthwait Eakins
- The Reading Lesson by Paul Seignac
Table of Contents for Volume Three
- The Burning of the Houses of Parliament by Joseph Mallord Wil-liam Turner
- A Dinner Table at Night by John Singer Sargent
- Harmony by Alexandre Cabanel
- Keelman Heaving in Coals by Night by Joseph Mallord William Turner
- Protecting the School Children by Andre Henri Dargelas
- Saint Michael and the Dragon by Raphael
- In Charge of Baby by Winslow Homer
- A Child Peeling Potatoes by Evert Pieters
- Tiger on the Watch by Jean-Leon Gerome
- Saul and David by Rembrandt