FREE offers are often time-sensitive. Although they are FREE at the time of posting, please be sure to verify the offer is still free before claiming or purchasing it. (We are not responsible for price changes.) Thank you!
Sometimes it can be such a chore to try to get your children to fall asleep, to stay in their room and to stay asleep! I feel like I have tried everything to get my kids to just go to sleep. I finally found something that works great for our family. We like to call this our “comfort spray” or “sleepy spray”.
This spray really is amazing! One simple mist on a pillow, blanket or favorite stuffed animal helps promote relaxation and calms down an anxious or hyper child. The cooling effect of witch hazel and the calming effect of lavender even seem to help with growing pains! I even like to use this spray on my own pillows before I go to bed! It smells great too.
Today I am going to share with you, the ingredients and directions to make your very own “Comfort Spray”.
- Amber or Cobalt Blue Glass Spray Bottle – a dark colored bottle keeps the oils working longer
- Thayer Lavender Witch Hazel -any witch hazel will work, but this is the highest quality
- “sleepy oil” of your choice
- distilled water
This recipe will fill two 8 oz. bottles or one large 16 oz. bottle (like the one pictured above).
- 30 drops of a relaxation or tranquility essential oil blend
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 1/2 cups distilled water
- 1/2 cup witch hazel
Gently shake to combine and spray on linens, pillows, stuffed animals etc… You can even spray on feet and sore legs!
- The oils are diluted enough that I have never had an issue with them staining clothes, or bedding.
- This also works great to freshen up a stinky room with one or two sprays.
- We have even used this while camping, on bug bites and itchy skin. We even sprayed it on our dog who was getting chewed on by flies. It eased her itchy skin and prevented her from chewing!
I like to purchase all of my ingredients online. It’s so much easier to just have everything shipped to my home.
Here are my favorite ingredients you can purchase to make your own DIY Comfort/Sleepy Spray: